• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smud Dude
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2011

American Spirit Arms side charging upper

I started this on the AR and other Semi-autos and got a lot of good responses, but I wonder if the might be some other experiences on this site. Anyone out there have any experience with the ASA side charging upper? I'm putting together a target AR for high power competition with my upcoming Lilja barrel, and it's 1 of the contenders. The side charger in this case is for use with Medesha's adjustable butt stock or the one White Oak sells. That said, if I got the flip up cheek piece that's an option on the Medesha I could still us a charging handle. Then again the gadget guy in me leans to the ASA upper... If it works as advertised.
    Cheers
    Oh yeah, I'm not a machinist and I'm not going to buy a drill press.
    Sugabat Sed Pefecidamus 5B89
    The only time you've used too much HE is when you're in the frag zone.
  • Tedward
    Banned
    • Feb 2013

Yes they work, good product. Also with there's the side charge handle won't be sticking out and go back and forth. JP Rifles also sell a side charge that looks very close to there's.

Comment

• cbe1962
      Warrior
      • Sep 2012

I have the LAR side charger on my Grendel, would not trade it for another.

I talked to the guys at LAR a few months ago, they were purchased and not able to sell direct any longer. I was told that you can have your local shop get them for you, or they have come up on Joe Bob Outfitters from time to time. (http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/LAR_...4-stripped.htm) - they have the ambi model also listed

Comment

• Ridgerider

The ambi model is ambi charge only the only company to make a fully ambidextrous upper receiver ejecting to the left or right is Quality Arms Idaho and have it available for the Grendel and Beowulf

Comment

• Tedward
          Banned
          • Feb 2013

I put Q.A. link on the last post but he started a new trend looking for users of the ASA.

Comment

• Smud Dude
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2011

Thanks cbe1962. That would work, and the price seem pretty good.
            Sugabat Sed Pefecidamus 5B89
            The only time you've used too much HE is when you're in the frag zone.

Comment

Working...
            X