FPR Match and A Little Fun After the Field Precision Match- Come play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPR Match and A Little Fun After the Field Precision Match- Come play

After the FPR match on the 9th, we plan to try out a little fun match. This is for those folks who want to try a little something different.
    Rules:
    $5.00 per person
    1- One string of a maximum of 20 rounds will be fired from the 200 yard line in the sitting position (sling only)
    2- One string of a maximum of 20 rounds will be fired from the 300 yard line in the prone position (sling only, no bipods)
    3- A mag change will be required per 20 round string. You can load the mags in any configuration you want. Ex. 2 and 18, 10 and 10, etc.
    4- Targets will be military "E" target type
    5- NO sighters. Know your scope/sight adjustments
    6- Shooters will be divided into 2 teams and compete as a team for scoring
    7- Targets will pop up and you have 60 seconds to fire up to your 20 rounds before targets are lowered again
    Scoring-
    At 200 yards- 2 points per hit in black, 3 points if in head area
    At 300 yards- 3 points per hit in black, 4 points if in head area
    Payout- 75% to team with highest score.

This is after the FPR match. FPR rules are here:
    Registration will begin at 7:30 AM and close at 8:00 AM. First rounds down range at 8:30 AM. Cost is $15 and prizes will be awarded by class.

Directions-

If you have any questions, you can call me at 225-301-1615, as I amone of the Match Directors. Below are the rules:

F-Class Field Precision Rifle (FPR) –
    A. A rifle restricted to a bore diameter no larger than .35 caliber.

B. Barrel length is limited to 26” measured from forward edge of recoil lug to crown of barrel.

C. Repeater style actions only (blind or detachable magazines). Must be loaded and fired from the magazine.

D. Rifle must be fired off a bipod, rigidly attached to the rifles forend or sling. Bipod must be folding leg design commercially manufactured and will be included in rifles overall weight.

E. Sight magnification will be restricted to 25 power maximum. Higher power magnification optics are allowed, but must be kept to no higher than 25x. It will be checked on the line. Maximum weight including all attachments is 16.5 pounds. No minimum power optics will be required, but you will be shooting 600 yards, so keep that in mind.

F. No portion of the rifles butt or pistol grip may rest on the ground or any hard surface. Class A- No rear bags or mono-pods allowed. Must be supported in rear by competitors body e.g. fist bare or gloved and or shoulder. Class B- A rear bag will be allowed for shooting.

G. Muzzlebrakes will be allowed as long as they do not become a nuisance to other shooters.

H. Legal silencers are allowed and will not be included in barrel maximum length.

Course of Fire:
    All shooting is done from prone position. Each shooter will fire 3 x 20 round strings at 600yards. A maximum of four sighting shots can be used during the first string (if a competitor is not on target within two sighters they will be withdrawn from the line. This is a safety issue so everyone should be prepared before the match with the proper come ups.) Second and third strings will allow a maximum of 2 sighting shots. Squadding will be a conventional three relay rotation. All shooters will be required to score and perform pit duties.

There will be a 3 minute prep time prior to each string.
    All firing is done from 600 yards on MR-1FC targets (3” X-ring).

String 1. 4 sighters in 4 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target
    20 shots 20 minutes on MR-1FC target

String 2. 2 sighters in 2 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

String 3. 2 sighters in 2 minutes time limit on MR-1FC target

Aggregate is score of match 1, 2, & 3

We do this every 2nd Saturday of the month. If you're down our way come on by. I promise a good time.

Rick
    Last edited by Guest; 06-28-2011, 12:29 AM.

Sounds like a great match. Too bad I'm in Washington state.

Comment

Originally posted by noone View Post
      Never know. You might be in the area one day.

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by noone View Post
        Noone:

I guarantee you that Washington and Oregon offer way more High Power than most other states. Not too many states even have a 1K range for civilian use. Washington and Oregon both have them. And you are only about a half hour drive from the one in Oregon I believe.

We are pretty lucky IMHO.

LR1955

Comment

Had a good turneout today considering the heat. 93 degrees +. The first fun match came off well, but based on suggestions, I think we'll add engaging multiple targets in the 60 seconds next time.

Comment

• skyfish
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

That sounds like a lot of fun. I would try it if I was closer, Iowa. But if I get to that area, I'll be giving you a ring. What part of Louisiana?

Comment

Originally posted by skyfish View Post
              That sounds like a lot of fun. I would try it if I was closer, Iowa. But if I get to that area, I'll be giving you a ring. What part of Louisiana?
              About 30 minutes south of Baton Rouge.

Comment

Working...
              X