Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sniper24INF

Storm Mountain Sniper/Observer Match October 14-16th

I'll be testing out my 6.5 Grendel in October at Storm Mountain's Sniper/Observer match. http://www.stormmountain.com/snipcomp.pdf
    I'll be running a 16" grendel, fitted with a Leupold Vari x III 3.5-10x40mm secured with mark 4 rings. I have a Gisselle SSA-E trigger installed and running DD LITE Free float rails. I'm rolling my own and so far I'm getting great results with Lapua Scenar 123gr with WIN 748 loaded to 29.5g. I'm using Lapua and AA brass with CCI 450 primers.

I'm going to try out AA2520 next weekend with a load of 29.5g.

I went with the 16" setup for reliability. I know from my previous tour in Iraq, we were setup as a 3 man (Heavy) team, and we carried the M24 and M110 plus our M4's. I encountered a few Urban situations that these longer guns gave us problems when it came to Alt shooting positions and getting in and out of hide sites. Also, most engagements were 30m to about 520m. I've been training with my mid length and I love it. I'll run Kyle lambs 9 hole drill out to 300 yds and I'm pinging steel pretty fast and accurately. I know this competition's max range is only to 600 yards, so I'm pretty confident with the right load I can engage. here's a pic of her.
  • sniper24INF

Lol. Its a great muzzle brake, but I do have to take extra caution for it prone to tossin salad in the brush. In urban setting, just pore a little water on the ground and its good to go. I was checking out a recent post and WCI has a suppressor out for the 6.5? I would be interested in that.

Comment

Very, very nice!

Comment

• sniper24INF

Thank you. What part of Louisiana you from? I was stationed at Fort Polk for six years with 4th BDE 10th Mountain.

Comment

Nice-looking blaster. Roger that on hide occupation and breaking from the hide...

Hey, did you register for this comp? Let us know how it goes if so.
          Last edited by Guest; 10-01-2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I think Chris is going to do exceptionally well, he is well informed, studies and practices often.

He also knows to ask the right questions and pays attention, IMHO that is what it takes.

None of us learned everything on our own, we are all the grateful recipients of the experiences and education passed on by others.

Also he has a Eotech 552 for sale, nearly new and in great shape.

Comment

Working...
            X