Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanguard138

magazines

I believe on the old site there was a link to an area that discribed how to tune the grendel magazines. Does anyone know where this went? I was unsuccesful on a search.

Having issues with magazine feeds on anything over 5 round. Got so frustrated I went back to shooting my 223

Thanks.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by vanguard138 View Post
    I believe on the old site there was a link to an area that discribed how to tune the grendel magazines. Does anyone know where this went? I was unsuccesful on a search.

Having issues with magazine feeds on anything over 5 round. Got so frustrated I went back to shooting my 223

Thanks.
    Welcome back! That magazine thread was unfortunately lost, but I might be able to resurrect it. It will take a few days, though!

Update: Nope, can't do it. I can get to the old site, (or a cached copy anyway) but it redirects to here now, instead of letting me into that data.

Stonetower might be able to access it, he has more computer-fu than me!
    Last edited by bwaites; 09-13-2011, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• vanguard138

Went to the range today and found something interesting. I used a couple five round mags to test some hunting loads with no issues. Then I went to the 15 (14) round mags and the issue of slamming them into the feed below the ramp began. I love to shoot, but I am far from an armoror Anyhow, I noticed that the mags move north and south in the receiver a bit. So I put some pressure on the bottom of the mag which obviously lifts the nose of the shell. I did this with several of the 15 round mags with no feed issues.

I have a Rock River matched upper and lower that was used for this build. Any suggestions on a fix for this issue?

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

The simple solution is to bend the feed lips a tiny bit to raise the bullets, creating the same effect as pressure on the bottom of the mag.

Go slow and gentle with the feed lips, sometimes a little goes a long way! The 14-15 round mags are the most difficult to make work correctly.

Comment

Working...
        X