Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie with a chambering problem

Hi everyone!

As this is my first AR, you can imagine my disappointment.

New J&T 16" kit in 6.5 Grendel on AA lower. Everything went together smoothly. First time out, put one round in the mag(just in case) and it worked fine. 2 rounds in the mag, worked great. Next, tried 10 rounds and released the bolt. The bolt went forward about 1/2 inch. The front of the bullet caught on what I think is the feed ramp. I kept stripping a round out and trying to chamber with the same problem until I got back down to two.

I'm thinking this is a mag problem. Maybe the follower? It's a new AA mag. I did order another but who knows how long that'll take to get here.

I only had the one mag because this rifle will be used strictly for hunting. I doubt I'll put more than one box of ammo through it per year.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance.
  • RangerRick

Try bending thr lips of the mag up just a little. The idea is to get the tip of the top bullet in the mag to point up a little higher than it currently is.

Also, check your feed ramps. With the parts you have it shouldn't be a problem, but just in case... Scroll half way down the following web page to the pictures: http://www.warriortalk.com/showthrea...66899-M4-Ramps

You really want the top right. Some lowers don't have the cuts for the M4 feed ramp. The good news is that you can do it yourself because the lower is aluminum and you can dremel it out pretty easily if you need to.

If they aren't right, though, just send em back.

RR
    Last edited by Guest; 09-16-2011, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks.

Feed ramps look like the upper left picture from that link. I'll try bending the lips next. How much of the lips should I try bending and how much?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X