Another Grendel that won't extract a spent case. with Pictures. Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

I have had similar problems. I took two dremell buffing wheels and glued them one on top of the other. Then I took out the injector and extractor and used the red buffing compound and buffed the inside of the bolt till it shined. Then I carefully buffed the extractor till the cartridge case wouldn't stick. Be sure to clean all of the buffing compound out completely.Now I have had zero extraction problems. Good luck. Montana

Comment

• rasp65
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Here is a link to an excellent post describing how to polish the extractor. http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=1943980
      I followed a lot of his methods and it resulted in less rim damage to my cases.

Comment

• surfNshoot

Well I took her out today and she funtioned 100%. all it was was some very sharp edges on the extractor. Took a dremel to each edge and she works great now. Thanks so much for all the help guys. Now to start working up a load for this thing.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by surfNshoot View Post
          Well I took her out today and she funtioned 100%. all it was was some very sharp edges on the extractor. Took a dremel to each edge and she works great now. Thanks so much for all the help guys. Now to start working up a load for this thing.
          Thanks for the followup, its nice to know that!

Comment

Originally posted by surfNshoot View Post
            Good deal.

Comment

Glad you isolated the trouble spot, and corrected it with confirmation at the range.

Comment

Working...
              X