remember those liberty barrels from the group buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

remember those liberty barrels from the group buy?

remember those barrels alot of us bought? well i was wondering how the ones caame out that were sent to mark at PF for the fix? was the problem with those a chamber or throat problem? in other words when mark would ream whatever it was he did di that make the barrel into a real SAAMI grendel chamber? i am trying to deciede if i want to even use the thing at all. i dont want to waste time or ammo at all if its just junk. thanks!
  • rickOshay
    Warrior
    • Apr 2012

Probably best to let Mark respond. You should send him and email or PM.

I'd be interested to know if those who kept them and have been shooting them are seeing any decrease in velocity.

Comment

• dammitman
      Warrior
      • Dec 2012

i guess thats where i am at on this, i feel like there were some posts on this already but i cant seem to find them. i would love to hear from folks who had the work done by mark and after shooting them alot how they are in terms of accuracy. and from mark does the work make them SAMMI spec. i have sent emails to mark but i dont think he is back from maternity leave yet.

Comment

• customcutter
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

I have one of the group buy barrels. It wasn't one of the short throated barrels though, there were no land marks on factory 123SST's. I don't have a chronograph or access to a range. When if first mounted the scope and sighted it in I shot a 3 shot group that was about .5moa at 100 yds laying prone, shooting off of my back pack. I didn't send my barrel to Mark so can't speak to that issue.

Comment

• Redraider
          Warrior
          • May 2012

I would REALLY like to hear some feedback on this topic, I have an older Liberty barrel that I am almost sure needs Mark's treatment!!!!

Redraider

Comment

• 454bore
            Warrior
            • Dec 2014

I got the Tubbs final finish kit and it got the throat where I wanted.
            The barrel is very accurate and smooth as glass.
            Every load shoots sub MOA and I can seat 123 sst's to 2.260 and be 10 thou off the lands.
            It is very easy to clean also.
            It feels like a hand-lapped barrel.

Comment

Working...
            X