X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

The springs are extra stiff to overcome the increased friction due to dirt.
    The springs will also weaken over time especially if left loaded.

Comment

• jdelong
      Warrior
      • Feb 2017

i thought the debate about loaded vs. unloaded was now "settled science" (i.e. it does not matter)? Or am I wading into Ford vs. Chevy territory???

I leave mine all loaded pretty much 100% of the time (mostly magpul's and some Okay metal mags in 5.56) and don't think I've had a spring problem yet on those in 10+ years in some cases. Based on that, if e-lander told me that leaving mags loaded wore out the springs, I would wonder what is different in theirs vs. magpul/Okay.

Thanks!

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

I just meant the springs are extra stiff when new and when sitting loaded for a while they end up perfect.

Comment

• jdelong
          Warrior
          • Feb 2017

gotcha, thanks. i am going to take apart, wipe down and see if that takes care of things. i hope so!

Comment

• DRW
            Unwashed
            • May 2018

Are you able to fully load the 17R E-landers? I bought two for my Grendel build, have not used but one of them so far and it works perfect as long as you only load 10, after that it will not feed at all.

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

DRW how old are your E-Lander mags. I loaded my E-Landers I bought back before Christmas and loaded them to full capacity. I’ve kept them loaded the whole time except to unload and reload them. By April the E-Landers are now easy to load and unload. I may have used a mag or two to shoot a few rounds but all have functioned 100%.

In my experience the Elander mags function is smoother after the mag spring wear in. I’ve only had one malfunction on one new ten round E-Lander mag. The one malfunction was a failure to feed with a hand loaded 85 grain Sierra Varmint bullet. The 85 grain varmint bullet has to be loaded really short but this mag has been 100% reliable from then on.

A new E-Lander mag in a brand new rifle might have an occassional feed issue until the rifle and mag wear in. I have noticed the front rib on some E-Lander mags bow in which might be limiting the cartridge overall length. The bullet could be dragging on the inside of the mag preventing the cartridge from rising quickly enough. You could have gotten a mag body which is out of spec. With the E-Lander being very tight when new I found a small dowl rod would allow me to safely push rounds out of a loaded mag. You might be able to see if the cartridges are binding in the mag body.
              Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-23-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Take this with a grain of salt because I only use 5 and 10 round mags.

I have some asc mags that run perfect got them from PF when I built my grendel. Keep them ready should I need them but here the last three months I have been using a slightly modified 10 round mags aka modified by me they hold 5 rounds and that's all I need really.

They don't scratch the brass in any way what so ever and I ain't got to worried bout stupid welds are bent mag lips.

Comment

Working...
                X