X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackholegun
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2017

The problems I had encountered were on a 20 inch RLGS, could not get it to cycle reliably no matter how I adjusted the gas block.
    My OP was asking if the buffer weight could be a solution.
    My fix was to go to a Faxon 18" MLGS which I have had previous experience with and know it works and count my losses.
    The gun fires every time without issue, and that is what any of my guns to do.
    I am only on my fourth build and by no means an AR expert.
    All is good now, I am happy.
    Finally getting some decent weather and going to the range tomorrow, cant wait to see how my guns shoot.
    Everything I enjoy doing is either illegal, immoral or, just to damn expensive

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Most adjustable gas blocks I've seen have more opportunities for gas to bleed out of the system, making initial firing with them different than once they are carbon-filled in the crevices.

Putting adjustable gas on 20" RLGS can bleed the already lower port pressure and volume, causing short-strokes.

Normally, 20" RLGS 6.5 Grendel is one of the easiest barrel length/gas length configurations to get running right out of the gate with a .094" gas port.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• blackholegun
        Bloodstained
        • Oct 2017

Yeah, I dont know why that combo was not working, really wanted it to.
        In the end, all I want is a gun that goes out to the field and shoots reliably.
        The switch, while being a little costly did not disappoint me though.
        Went to the range today with the new barrel and burned up some rounds without any problems.
        Only shot at 100 and 200 yards to get things dialed in using 123 Hornady black and had some very nice groups, no complaints as far as accuracy.
        Had many sub MOA groups, of course the occasional flyer which was my fault.
        The only problem I did have today was going online and trying to replenish my round supply, may have to look into reloading.
        The cool thing was I had 4 of my builds shooting together and only had one hiccup with the 65 Creedmoor, only happened once in 60 rounds.
        All in all, was a great day that ended too soon
        Everything I enjoy doing is either illegal, immoral or, just to damn expensive

Comment

• RCDavid
          Unwashed
          • Jun 2020

Comment

Working...
          X