• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
    Well, I built everything else as far as the upper goes and changed out the trigger in the lower. Lapped the receiver, bedded the bbl, checked port alignment, gas tube alignment, etc. etc. Same as on the AA rig except that I assembled the lower also on that one and the 5.56 rig. Hopefully this is the only time I run into a long ext. tube, but you can bet I will be checking from now on.
    What sort of carrier key damage are we talking about to the lower? Any photos?

Comment

• Randy99CL
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Mad Charlie View Post
      Randy99CL
      Thanks for the info about the tube being a Ruger part. I also have been a Ruger customer for years. Right now I just have a Blackhawk in .45 Colt, and a 10-22. and this lower.
      Love my Blackhawk!

As to the trigger assy. I will cheerfully sell it to you, I dunno what it's worth, make me an offer.
      Yeah, I love my Rugers. Currently own three 10/22s, one MKIII 22/45, the AR Lower and the beautiful 77/22 that my wife gave me for Xmas in 1985.

That trigger is their #452 Elite that they sell separately. https://ruger.com/micros/AR-Trigger/index.html
      MSRP is $160, offered online for around $100-$120.
      That's why I think the Ruger AR Lower (8516) is such a good deal; I got mine for $210 (+shipping and fees) and it saved me the $100 I would have paid for an upgrade trigger.

Just call Ruger, tell them your trigger is bad and they will probably send you a new one. They will fix it one way or another and you could probably get close to $100 for it.
      Last edited by Randy99CL; 07-05-2018, 05:10 AM.
      "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• Mad Charlie
        Warrior
        • May 2017

Klem:
        Just a sort of dent in the shape of the gas key, sorry no photos. It has definitely cut through the anodizing. I don't think that is a desirable situation
        Maybe one day I will go through all the process of setting up to post pic's. Right now fixing rifles has to be squeezed in between other work, so no time for setting up for photos. Things that may inadvertently show up in the camera field of view might be things I don't want the world to see, like prototypes for instance, or what a total disaster my desk or workbench is at any given time, you get the drift. If I run into a situation that I absolutely have to show a picture of something to explain it, then we'll see. Besides, I am not a very good photographer :-)
        Last edited by Mad Charlie; 07-05-2018, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X