Clear All
  • LA Hog Hunter
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2019

Barrel accuracy

• kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Could be several things but I would not expect it to barrel harmonics for that large of groups. A friend had one that was shooting that way in a bolt action he bought used and in trying to figure it out I took it to a friend that re did the crown on it. Accuracy was about 1.5 MOA after that. Turned out the crown was not square with the bore. Just one example of something you do not expect.

I would double check assembly and call the manufacture and see what they have to say if nothing is found with the check

Comment

• LA Hog Hunter
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2019

Thanks,
      My plan is to reassemble and check the barrel nut torque. My friend wants to reorder a 20" barrel and just go with it but his has me stumped.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Delta Team Tactical has been the topic of conversation on this and a couple of other forums. Here is a previous discussion.

Comment

• oyster
          Warrior
          • Jul 2018

You also can't necessarily expect two barrels to shoot the same bullet the same even from the same manufacturer. Has he tried any other loads?

Comment

• Mad Charlie
            Warrior
            • May 2017

Originally posted by oyster View Post
            You also can't necessarily expect two barrels to shoot the same bullet the same even from the same manufacturer. Has he tried any other loads?
            7-10" groups! Somehow I don't think tweaking a load is gonna help much. That rifle needs attention.

Comment

• trace
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2019

I'd bet the crown is jacked up. Can you take a close-up picture of it?

Comment

• lazyengineer
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2019

Something is defective
                4x P100

Comment

• ARErector
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2019

I don't want to offend you or your friend, but are you sure the barrel was installed properly? I had an upper that grouped really badly like that. I had bought it from Delta Team Tactical as well. After inspecting it, the barrel nut was not tight. It actually rattled on the gas tube! After disassembling and properly reassembling the upper it worked fine and had decent groups. Just something to check.

Comment

• NugginFutz
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by ARErector View Post
                    I don't want to offend you or your friend, but are you sure the barrel was installed properly? I had an upper that grouped really badly like that. I had bought it from Delta Team Tactical as well. After inspecting it, the barrel nut was not tight. It actually rattled on the gas tube! After disassembling and properly reassembling the upper it worked fine and had decent groups. Just something to check.
                    I don't mean to disappoint you, but the OP has only ever posted twice, both times in this thread. A quick check reveals that they haven't been on the site since the day after their 2nd post, so I doubt you will offend either the OP or their friend.
                    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
                    X