• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mad Charlie
    Warrior
    • May 2017

Port Size(s)

What is the correct/generally recommended port size for 16-20" mid length systems?
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

This what I came up with doing a quick search.

6.5 Grendel gas port sizes

12” Faxon GB .068” CLGS.

16” Carbine G. 0625”

16” Faxon GB .078” MLGS

18” Faxon GB .076” MLGS

20” Rifle LG .0935”. same as 5.56/223

Comment

• Mad Charlie
      Warrior
      • May 2017

Thank You, your search fu is better than mine, I did search before I asked.

The reason I asked is because my 16 GB Monster measured .068 and it WAS a short stroking sumbeech. It is now .080 with an AGB. No more short stroking, yet anyway. It may someday quit raining here and maybe I will be able to do some more shooting, someday. Right now the gas block is wide open and I have only run five rounds through it, in the rain, no malfs. Hey, it's supposed to be a battle rifle, right?

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I frequently use the Google Custom Search. I’m retired and I remember seeing the info in different threads so I just use the custom search. I got the info from a couple of different threads but it really helps how you phrase the query. I put this info in my notes for my own future reference. I just enjoy researching different aspects of guns and it gives me something to do that helps others.

I used to do similar type of searches using computer databases in my occupation before retiring.

Comment

Working...
        X