X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • treeclmr
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2020

Thank you, I will be looking into all of this.

Comment

• FLshooter
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2019

Originally posted by treeclmr View Post
      Ok thanks for the feedback, I have a VG on the way and I am shopping around for a new barrel/upper. Any good deals going on rn for 18in?
      Originally posted by grayfox View Post
      The upper (minus the barrel and minus the MB) might be ok to use, some guys do that with bca stuff.
      As for barrels,
      Arm or Ally, the internet's first and largest stocking dealer of BA Barrels. Free Shipping on over 100 BA Barrels to start your next customer AR build.

has 2 nice 18" BA barrels, good site to deal with.
      You can get a good upper assembly from using either Aero upper Rcvr or BCM's, then use a matrix HG from joebob's.
      Add gas tube and GB and you're off to the races.
      Aero even has some complete uppers but I build my own.
      I’ve used BCA uppers minus the barrel for my own builds,and used many BCA parts in builds for others.The upper receivers and handguards are as good as any.Never had a problem w/BCA gas blocks or tubes either.Even the BCG works well.Chances are,you’ll probably need a different size gas block ,depending on nbarrel contour.
      Two of my BCA uppers are 6.5 Grendel.I installed a custom 24 inch Bartlein heavy barrel in one and a 22inch pre fit Criterion HBar in the other.Both are tack drivers.The Bartlein is more accurate at longer distances.
      I think any barrel from a reputable manufacturer is better than a BCA.I’d get the best barrel I can afford.In the $250-$300 rage,I have done well w/Criterion pre fits.I am thinking the barrels you recommended would be comparable.
      I found that when I spring $550 for a Bartlein,I make it up in ammo.Because Bartleins and other high quality barrels require very little break in and are easier to hand load for.My Bartleins and Krieger shoot just about anything well.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Making a muzzle device is a lot more difficult than one might think.

The steel has to be of a strength and heat treat that will take the repeated explosive effects of hot gas blasting out within it once the projectile clears the barrel's muzzle, and that gas is pressurized enough to blow apart aluminum handguards.

There was another company a few years ago that said, "We can build AR15s too. It shouldn't be that hard!"

They sent rifle samples to a guy who is brutally honest in his reviews, and their imitation A2 muzzle devices blew apart repeatedly.

They were made from steel alloy, but either the wrong kind or not heat-treated properly.

It isn't a simple matter of of throwing stock in a CNC with a cool design and pressing GO.

There is actually some engineering and applied physics involved that need to be done correctly, otherwise the part will fail quickly under muzzle exit pressure and expanding gas effects.

The market is flooded with companies who are competent at making basic parts like muzzle devices.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• treeclmr
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2020

That was what I figured. It blew out because the steel was too thin. It was very symmetrical, so at least consistent with it.

Comment

Working...
          X