Anyone have a finish or throat reamerfor loan/rent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rust
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2014

Anyone have a finish or throat reamerfor loan/rent?

Just put together an upper with a Satern cut riffled barrel I bought last fall and found a short throat. Bolt (Maxim or Odin works) will close on a Hornady 123 A-Max but requires mild force to extract (est 20 lbs pulling force) a loaded round and show visible markings from the rifling. A 123 Nosler CC loaded to "2.250 requires significant force to extract (est 50 lbs pulling force) and again shows visible markings. A 123 Nos. CC in a split neck case is being pushed back to about "2.180, and a 120 SMK pushed back to about "2.170 in the split casing. Visual inspection of the chamber looks clean without any foreign material that would be causing it to hold up rounds. I'm thinking a reamer is probably the easiest way to go about this (I have chambered rifles in the past) rather than dealing with Satern.

Alternatively I do have some 90 grain Speer TNT's I don't shoot, I could just load and mag dump those in the hopes that it burns the throat out to where it ought to be....

You would have thought Satern had this figured out by now.
    Last edited by Rust; 01-26-2020, 01:19 AM.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

In the event you can't find a finish reamer from a forum member here is a source for a SAAMI spec reamer and gauges.

Comment

Working...
    X