• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bullseyetony
    Bloodstained
    • May 2020

Buttstock sliding when shooting (Fixed)

The buttstock keeps sliding up when I shoot. You can shoulder the rifle and pull it hard against your shoulder and it slides. The pin that fits into the holes on the buffer tube isn't going deep enough into the holes to keep it in place. Is there an easy fix for this?
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 05-16-2020, 01:47 AM. Reason: Fixed
  • sundowner
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2017

I'd guess that that adjuster is stock and will not let it go in , there is a spring that should push it in the hole .

Comment

• Bullseyetony
      Bloodstained
      • May 2020

Originally posted by sundowner View Post
      I'd guess that that adjuster is stock and will not let it go in , there is a spring that should push it in the hole .
      It's like the pin or whatever you want to call it isn't going deep enough in the hole to keep it from sliding forward.

Comment

• Bullseyetony
        Bloodstained
        • May 2020

I've disassembled it and reassembled it to see it something looked odd but everything looks ok. There are marks on the buffer tube where its sliding out of the holes.

Comment

• Old Bob
          Warrior
          • Oct 2019

Bullseyetony... The only thing I can think of... measure the diameters of the holes in the buffer tube & the latch pin to see if they're compatible. The holes might be too small or the pin too large. Is there paint on the pin? I recall, in the Photo Gallery page, you said you painted the buttstock.
          I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

What stock?

Most of the magpul adjustable stocks you can adjust the depth that the pin extends out.

Comment

• Bullseyetony
              Bloodstained
              • May 2020

Originally posted by Old Bob View Post
              Bullseyetony... The only thing I can think of... measure the diameters of the holes in the buffer tube & the latch pin to see if they're compatible. The holes might be too small or the pin too large. Is there paint on the pin? I recall, in the Photo Gallery page, you said you painted the buttstock.

The pin fits the hole and theres no paint on it.

Comment

• Bullseyetony
                Bloodstained
                • May 2020

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                What stock?

Most of the magpul adjustable stocks you can adjust the depth that the pin extends out.
                I'm not sure the brand but it's not Magpul.

Comment

• Bullseyetony
                  Bloodstained
                  • May 2020

Guys I'll get some pictures when I get home today of it disassembled and post here.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• FRB6.5
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2018

Something looks stuck in your picture above. The little oval with the cross-pin visible on the left. Every adjustable stock I have with a similar arrangement has that cross pin at the TOP of the oval when the locking pin is in a hole on the buffer tube.

Try pulling it off the tube, does it go to the top? If so there is likely a size difference between the locking pin and the position holes on the tube. If it still doesn't go up then maybe an assembly or binding issue with that locking mechanism.

Edit:
                    One other thought, does that model stock have some sort of locking mechanism intended to hold the adjusting lever open or closed? When all else fails read the instructions.
                    Last edited by FRB6.5; 05-15-2020, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• lazyengineer
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2019

Originally posted by FRB6.5 View Post
                      Something looks stuck in your picture above. The little oval with the cross-pin visible on the left. Every adjustable stock I have with a similar arrangement has that cross pin at the TOP of the oval when the locking pin is in a hole on the buffer tube.

Try pulling it off the tube, does it go to the top? If so there is likely a size difference between the locking pin and the position holes on the tube. If it still doesn't go up then maybe an assembly or binding issue with that locking mechanism.

Edit:
                      One other thought, does that model stock have some sort of locking mechanism intended to hold the adjusting lever open or closed? When all else fails read the instructions.
                      This. Something is blocking your pin from going all the way up, as it's not supposed to be sticking out like that; unless there's something unique to how that particular brand does their stock. Either replace the stock and try a different one, or see if you can pull it apart and adjust with a file whatever you need to, for it to more freely allow the pin to go all the way up and into the stock. Maybe the pin diameter is too large.
                      4x P100

Comment

• FRB6.5
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2018

Looking closer, that is a knock off of a Fab Defense GL-SHOCK. It is likely made for airsoft use not on a real firearm.

You can see the subtle differences with markings and some of the design.
                        A real one will cost you $120-140
                        Last edited by FRB6.5; 05-15-2020, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Bullseyetony
                          Bloodstained
                          • May 2020

Issue was resolved. I found a thinner washer which gave it more length to go into the hole further. I tried to upload pics but the files were too large. Thanks for the help guys.. I'm sure I'll be asking for more help as I go along.

Comment

• sqeezeatrigger
                            Bloodstained
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                            What stock?

How do you adjust depth of pin on magpul stocks? Never knew that before!

Comment

Working...
                            X