• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dt219
    Warrior
    • Nov 2020

Psa branded bolt problems ?

I have used my maxim bolt in 2 carriers and 2 different barrels flawlessly. One is a lilja with a couple hundred rounds on it and the other is a criterion with 25. I recently picked up a psa nitride bcg. Installed in both guns it fails to extract most times or fails to eject. I bought a Alexander arms extractor and got it swapped out still same results. Is there some dimensions I can measure ? Working it by hand the maxim bolt with a loaded round is pretty easy to get out of the chamber, the psa I have to beat and beat it on something solid to get it out. Thanks
    Last edited by Dt219; 12-13-2021, 09:15 PM.
  • Dt219
    Warrior
    • Nov 2020

Took oring out from under Alexander arms extractor drop the hammer with a round in chamber, fully seated and pull back the charging handle and the case stays in the chamber

Comment

• sundowner
      Chieftain
      • Nov 2017

I have a PSA 20" upper with their BCG and have no problems with it and I used their BC with a Monster MK136 bolt in my new 16" build and have zero problems with it .

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Did you check head space with your new bolt??

Comment

• Old Bob
          Warrior
          • Oct 2019

Have you tried your Maxim bolt in your PSA carrier? PSA bolt in your Maxim carrier? Have you measured the depth of your PSA bolt face (should be .136")?
          I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• lazyengineer
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2019

Broke am extractor. They said sorry, we are out, so will am entire replacement Bolt carrier group be OK? Uh... sure! Also, heed thebadvise about the O ring. Take it out. Runs great.
            4x P100

Comment

• Dt219
              Warrior
              • Nov 2020

Comment

• Dt219
                Warrior
                • Nov 2020

Yes I have swapped out as many pieces as I can
                Last edited by Dt219; 12-14-2021, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• Klem
                  Chieftain
                  • Aug 2013

Dt,

That is interesting.

There was another thread recently on where the extractor sits relative to the bolt face.
                  Been gone awhile, traded in my Grendel on a Creedmoor. But have finally come to the realization that I'll probably never get to stretch it out to 1000 yards, so why have a 1K yard rifle? So to take its place, I came back to Grendel, only in the AR platform this time, my previous rifle was a Howa 1500. So this is a budget

Here is the sentence in the first post, Also, the lower bolt face edge of the extractor is slightly higher than the bolt face, shouldn't it be flush?

The OP is concerned the extractor groove is not level with the bolt face and the way I understand his FTE is the case rim pushes the extractor out and the claw at the end does not engage with the rim. Anyway, it would be because the hole for the extractor is not drilled in exactly the right place for the shape of the extractor.

Comment

Working...
                  X