• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ported45
    Warrior
    • Feb 2018

Originally posted by imaguy3 View Post
    There was no reason to loosen the side screw that held the detent adjustment in. Tighten that back up and I bet your detent would work as it should. As far as thinking your there... you could have been way off, unless you took it all the way out you have no idea where the end was.
    Detent worked just fine. Just wasn't as hard to turn with the set screw loosened a 1/4 turn. Set screw was tightened back up before each shot. I went from bottomed out to an inch of adjustment screw sticking out the front of the gas block. It couldn't have been far from falling out and surely was far beyond any restriction of the gas port.

Comment

• imaguy3
      Warrior
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by ported45 View Post
      Detent worked just fine. Just wasn't as hard to turn with the set screw loosened a 1/4 turn. Set screw was tightened back up before each shot. I went from bottomed out to an inch of adjustment screw sticking out the front of the gas block. It couldn't have been far from falling out and surely was far beyond any restriction of the gas port.
      Surely, however you don't actually know

I'm running suppressed, I have nearly an inch sticking out from mine, mine is adjusted so it locks back with the suppressor on, but not with it off.

Comment

• ported45
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

PSA didn't put on his return paperwork what they did to his upper, but it runs now and the adjustment screw is less than halfway out to where I ended up giving up on it. So either the gas block was bad or the gas port was not large enough to begin with.

Nice they made it right, but seemed like lousy turnaround time.

Comment

Working...
        X