X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Harpoon1
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 05-20-2022, 02:06 AM.

Comment

• ragrendel
      Bloodstained
      • Aug 2021

Good to hear and thanks for the updates! Learn a lot from this forum.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Harpoon1
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2017

Last edited by Harpoon1; 05-21-2022, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

Harpoon I can roger that on the BA... except for me it was for 2 18" BA 223 wylde barrels. Went up your 1-size drill bit (I got a wire gage set of them in order to do a more finely tuned 1-up), that fixed their short stroking just like you saw here with your barrel.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• chatterbox
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2023

Not always true. My pile of empties landed in the "undergassed 5:30 zone" and cycling was horrible. At first the installation of the Superlative Arms adjustable gas block, at 4.5 turns out, did nothing to help the cycling. In desperation I kept turning out the adjuster eight clicks at a time, which was purported to be closing the port, and at 10 clicks from maximum adjustment the cycling smoothed out and the empties were landing at the 4:00 position. That is opposite of the instructions, but was I ever glad to solve that year long cycling problem. Oh, I did check the position of the gas block by .025" feeler gauge and it was perfect, or at least it was after I adjusted it, but it still wouldn't cycle. It was the backing off the adjuster nearly to maximum that solved the problem.

Oh, a local gunsmith said that, contrary to intuition, the Grendel with a 24" barrel is often undergassed compared to a 5.56, because the gas tube is so long. More volume = less pressure.

Comment

Working...
              X