X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chatterbox
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2023

Sorry, but it did increase the prot pressure. It is possible that the old gas block was not properly positioned, thus blocking the port. And when I properly installed the adjustable gas port there was more pressure available. However, this can only be true if the Superlative Arms gas block's instructions are backward, that at 4.5 full turns the port is barely opened and as the adjuster is backed off the port opens more fully. Beats me, but whereas I was undergassed before the adjustable gas block, the rifle was functioning perfectly at nearly fully opened.

Comment

• montana
      Chieftain
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by chatterbox View Post
      Sorry, but it did increase the prot pressure. It is possible that the old gas block was not properly positioned, thus blocking the port. And when I properly installed the adjustable gas port there was more pressure available. However, this can only be true if the Superlative Arms gas block's instructions are backward, that at 4.5 full turns the port is barely opened and as the adjuster is backed off the port opens more fully. Beats me, but whereas I was undergassed before the adjustable gas block, the rifle was functioning perfectly at nearly fully opened.
      Adj gas blocks will actually leak more gas than a standard gas block just by design and no, they don't increase barrel port pressure, they can only restrict it.. No matter how a gas block is installed, correctly or incorrectly the barrel gas port pressure remains the same..I'm not trying to be difficult, but what you are saying is not correct and gives the novice the idea adj gas blocks can increase barrel port pressure when it is physically impossible. Re-aligning a clocked gas block that was choking the rifle system's available barrel port pressure is different than increasing the actual barrel port pressure..

Comment

• chatterbox
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2023

True, but installing the adjustable gas block did solve the problem, in this instance. Another plus is that, after installing the gas block, my group size dropped from 1.25" down to .75" at 100 yards.

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by chatterbox View Post
          True, but installing the adjustable gas block did solve the problem, in this instance. Another plus is that, after installing the gas block, my group size dropped from 1.25" down to .75" at 100 yards.
          No, the adj gas block did not correct your problem, properly installing the adj gas block solved your problem..If you would have properly installed a standard gas block, it would have also corrected your problem..

Comment

Working...
          X