• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roentgenranger
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2023

100gr A-Max FTE: FIXED

Hi all. New here. 16" carbine length gas, stock buffer/spring, Maxim bolt, Odin adjustable block(7 clicks from closed. 100gr A-Max over 30gr 8208, CCI primers, Starline Brass. The rifle is leaving the brass on top of the mag. Locks back on empty. Ejects 123 A-Max loads at 1500. Extractor appears to be beating the rim up a bit. Suggestions?
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 02-28-2023, 07:58 PM. Reason: Fixed
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• roentgenranger
      Unwashed
      • Feb 2023

Bingo! I think. Based on your suggestion, I found Johnny's Reloading Bench video and discovered that mine was REALLY sharp. Knocked the edges down with a dremel and smoothed them out with a diamond file. Garage gunsmithing at it's best. Put three single loaded rounds through and they each ejected at about 1500. Would have done more, but we have a winter storm warning here...

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Glad to help. This was a common issue we would see with after-market extractors in the 2000s, and that was the fix.

Part of the M16/M4 TDP involves a machining pass on the extractor to eliminate those corners, and it is also seen on the extractor shaft underside.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
        X