• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drykilned
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Bcg sticks

Bcg sticks
    THE PROBLEM: bolt carrier group cycles easily manually WITH NO ROUND CHAMBERED. IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CYCLE MANUALLY WITH
    ROUND IN CHAMBER. Does not extract fired round.

I have 2 identical grendels, intentionally set up identical so all parts are interchangeable. Grendel #1 works flawlessly. Grendel #2 is the problem child. I have take the bcg out of the good one and tried it on the bad one. Did not work, eliminating bcg as being the problem.
    I have installed the complete bad upper assembly on the good lower. Did not work, eliminating the buffer/spring as the problem. I can put the
    bad bcg in the good upper on the bad lower and it works. So, to me that means the problem is in the barrel. Do you agree with that LRRP52?
    If it was a gas problem, I would not have problems cycling manually.

Anybody got a suggestion short of replacing the barrel? No headspace gauges are available to me at this time. I suspect too little headspace.
    Loaded dummy rounds fall out of barrel when barrel is raised. I guess I could have decreased headspace by over torqueing?

I have built a 5.56, 2 Grendels, 4 7.62x39s and 1 300 Blackout. No problems with any of those, except THIS ONE. All on Anderson upper and
    lower receivers, various BCGs, all BCA barrels. All are super reliable and the 5.56, 300 and good Grendel are MOA capable when I am good.
    The AR47s do 1.5-2" at 100 with surplus ammo.
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Sounds like you isolated it to the chamber/barrel/upper.

I have take the bcg out of the good one and tried it on the bad one. Did not work, eliminating bcg as being the problem.
    Barrel nut torque has no relation to headspace.

all BCA barrels
    These guys need to start paying me for being their QC department.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
    X