Clear All
  • okiecat
    Warrior
    • Sep 2017

Too much gas!!

• montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

Sounds like you're not adjusting the gas block correctly.. The rifle should not function at all with the gas block completely closed. What adj gas block do you have?

Comment

• okiecat
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

Comment

• montana
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Make sure your hand guard will fit the Rifle Speed adj gas block..

Make sure you have the correct hand adjuster length when ordering..Read the instructions carefully so get exactly what you need..

The Rifle Speed requires a straight gas tube and some hand guards will not work, as they are designed for standard bent gas tubes..

I also use two adj springs to increase adjustment tension..I found using only one adj spring a little light and I prefer stronger force to turn when adjusting the gas, but you may differ..

The great thing about the Rifle Speed is the ability to use different length plungers to modify the amount of gas being regulated, the ease of maintenance and easy accessibility to the parts..It is a well designed adj gas block..

The gas block also comes pre-drilled if you want to pin the block to the barrel.. I pinned mine using the BRD Engineering Gas Block Jig..

Rifle Speed has a company that will do it for you for about $40.00 if my memory serves, if you send them your barrel..
        Last edited by montana; 05-07-2023, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• okiecat
          Warrior
          • Sep 2017

Thanks for reply and explanation of details. I would gladly change handguards but I done a cerakote paint on this rifle. Will measure everything twice! Going to open my gas block up tomorrow evening and see what happens.

Comment

• okiecat
            Warrior
            • Sep 2017

Comment

• VASCAR2
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Last edited by VASCAR2; 05-08-2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• okiecat
                Warrior
                • Sep 2017

Comment

• okiecat
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2017

Comment

Working...
                  X