• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Klem
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Steve,

I realize now what you're talking about. You think the hole for the cam pin in the bolt has been drilled offset to where it should be. It's not clear from looking at the bolt by itself in your photo.

I think you should heed Montana and marry the bolt under suspicion with a good carrier and see where the top lug is when pushed back 'into battery'. Like this photo - should be exactly 12 O'Clock, in line with the gas key.
    Wilson - Copy.jpg

Comment

• Steve_evetS
      Bloodstained
      • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Klem View Post
      Steve,

I realize now what you're talking about. You think the hole for the cam pin in the bolt has been drilled offset to where it should be. It's not clear from looking at the bolt by itself in your photo.

I think you should heed Montana and marry the bolt under suspicion with a good carrier and see where the top lug is when pushed back 'into battery'. Like this photo - should be exactly 12 O'Clock, in line with the gas key.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]20117[/ATTACH]
      I will do what montana suggests. gotta wait for it to come back to me. I was hoping Chad would do a video of it :P

Comment

• Steve_evetS
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Klem View Post
        Steve,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20117[/ATTACH]
        the bolt in question is no longer available for it to be returned to me

Comment

• Steve_evetS
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2023

Originally posted by montana View Post
          I have seen this in an over gassed rifle and external piston..

It looks like it is unlocking prematurely from what I can tell from the pictures..Is there a gouge in the upper receiver cam lock pocket?

Look on the front of your barrel extension lugs and see if there are any marks or gouges too..The barrel extension could also be clocked..

boltgouge2.jpgboltgouge3.jpgURR1.jpgURR2.jpgURR3.jpg

The Lug Wear in the first 2 pics the other three shows the URR going in and engaging the insert through the upper reciever. Which aligns perfectly. I am using the Midwest URR which has the sail.

Comment

Working...
          X