• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ericv
    Warrior
    • Oct 2011

Comparing h3 buffer to m16 carrier

I was wondering what if any difference replacing the carrier with the heavier m16 carrier vs installing an h3 buffer?

Just sitting up late my wife at the hospital and got wondering about this.
    Rock Hollow Tactical Carbon Fiber Free Float Hand Guards
    www.rockhollowtactical.com

Are you having symptoms of early unlocking?

Comment

• ericv
      Warrior
      • Oct 2011

No, but I need another bcg for a 223 build so I am going to order the m16 carrier for the Grendel.

Comment

The m-16 carrier being heavier should give you a little better dwell time. It shouldnt hurt you at all.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

No. Mass is mass. Not much difference in the location of it in this case other than the difference in weight between a carbine and H3 buffer is greater than the difference between an ar15 and M-16 carrier.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• ericv
            Warrior
            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
            No. Mass is mass. Not much difference in the location of it in this case other than the difference in weight between a carbine and H3 buffer is greater than the difference between an ar15 and M-16 carrier.

Correct. I will be sharing a lower for a bit so I don't want to go to the H3 yet, I may not even need to but just thinking ahead.

Comment

I think the H3 is a good idea. I think I could go heavier still, like one of Slash's heavy steel buffers.

And no, mass is not mass. Mass reciprocates differently in a buffer. Consider that buffers act as dead blow hammers, and reduce carrier bounce. I would choose the Buffer over the carrier.

Comment

Working...
              X