Case head lip scored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case head lip scored

Rifle shoots great small groups first round fires second some times does not always lock up sticks partially closed. Using hornady brass rim of case is badly scored looks like sharp edges on extractor corners AA barrel and extractor(hard use). all comments welcome

Can you tell us more about your rifle?

Barrel length?
    Gas system length?
    Bolt carrier type? (AR15 or M16)
    Extension tube type? (rifle or carbine)
    Buffer type/weight? (Rifle/Carbine...standard 2.9oz, H1, H2, or H3)

If your extractor is jacking up your rims, you can buff out the edges of the extractor claw. Another thing is lubrication. Make sure your bolt carrier is wet.

Pics of your rifle/carbine, with the malfunction would help us diagnose it for you.

Comment

sorrry for the delay aa 20" lite hard use bolt dpms low pro upper psa lower a2 stock and buffer jp adj. gasblock however I found what my problem was poorly sized cases! I started a one and redid every thing found my problem. She runs like a thorough bred and cuts holes at a hundred yards. the AA barrel is worth waiting for all you need is to plan ahead a little farther.

Comment

I had the same issue with my Precision Firearms Neptune V, I had my buddy a work on the extractor, it fixed the problem, it took him 3 trys, you want to make very small changes, test fire and check again, adjust if needed but just take it slow no sense in over doing it and have to replace the extractor
        Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2013, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I had the same issue with mine. The cause is the inside radius of standard extractors is designed to fit .556 cases, not 7.62/6.5 Grendel cases. I corrected it by polishing off the corners of the extractor a little at a time with diamond files and a felt Dremel wheel until it stopped eating case rims.

I don't have a before pic, but this is the end result.

bolt2.jpg

bolt1.jpg
          Last edited by txgunner00; 03-08-2013, 12:22 PM.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
          X