Failure to feed issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure to feed issues?

Im posting this as a potential fix for failure to feed issue. I was experiencing multiple failure to feed issues with my AA overwatch on custom lower. I followed multiple threads on this issue that focused on magazine issues as well as potential ejector issues.
    After examining and adjusting magazines as well as adjusting extractor, my FTF issues continued. Finally as a last ditch effort I swapped out my buffer spring for an extra heavy buffer spring and magically the FTF issues ended. Hopefully this helps others on the board.

Was it a carbine or rifle buffer tube?

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

What length gas system does it use? I'd assume it didn't have an adjustable gas block.

Comment

sounds like it may have been over gassed

Comment

• Drifter
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
          sounds like it may have been over gassed
          That's what I'm thinking.
          Drifter

Comment

Its a 24 inch overwatch, an early release of the overwatch. Its not an adjustable gas system. The original spring was a standard carbine buffer spring which I believe is recommended by AA. This spring was switched out to a heavy carbine spring, which solved the problem. I did swap out the original carbine spring for a rifle spring which had no effect of the FTF.

Comment

Working...
            X