X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

terry, triple check all the parts. I had a lower sent back to me from cav. arms-in 08' w/ a 9mm spring & buffer inside---I sent it empty. What fun that was to figure out.

H2-& a stock spring works well for most here-some use h3 & ??? spring. Keep it simple, that way you can always find a part -where ever you may roam.
    Could it be--under loaded fact. ammo? That's what I see as a load is worked upward, that and the gas issue=too little to lock it back.

Comment

• terrywick4

Not sure what it is, tried a new buffer spring and standard buffer
      (been using H2) today and didn't help. Don't think it is a gas issue, I've run the gas block full open. I've hooked a air line to the gas tube and seems to have plenty when I blow thru it, more so than the 223. gonna have to wait till it warms up now, another snow storm is here and I'm hobbling around on a fractured leg.

Comment

In my opinion you accomplished nothing by adding a adjustable gas block and running it wide open. Would that not be the same as just a basic gas block? Adjustable gas block wide open and a basic gas block is going to flow the same amount of gas, whatever the gas port will allow. How far are your spent cartridges landing? I would quess 3'-4' would be common. Are they flying that far? I understand using a adjustable gas block if your over gassed because then you can tone down you gas flow. Some folks I have talked to open up their gas port a little larger than needed then tone it down as needed via an adjustable gas block. I don't really agree with that method but that is a different way to monitor gas flow.
        As far as the dented cases. I was under the impression that it was a common issue. I run the soft piece of velcro on the deflector and now no more dented cases. Do you know your gas port size? Just a thought but you might want to open up your port hole just a tad more and if that don't do it then tone your gas back down with the adj. block. I also helped a friend with a situation like yours that was not gas related. The vendor sold him a longer buffer spring than what he needed. He had a collapsable stock and they sold him a fixed butt stock spring. We cut the spring down as a quick fix and his rifle cycled properly. Good luck and I hope you get it figured out.

Comment

• babaganoush
          Warrior
          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Shivesy View Post
          As far as the dented cases. I was under the impression that it was a common issue. I run the soft piece of velcro on the deflector and now no more dented cases.
          +1 on the gas block running WFO being counter productive.

I also had an issue with dented cases, and read about the velcro trick. Instead, I opted to shorten the ejector spring by 1.5 coils with a Dremel tool. It tamed that problem quite effectively. Brass now lands at my 4 o'clock at about 4 feet, with no dents and no brass transfer on the deflector.
          "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

I had an issue with a lower and catch combination. (Brands dont matter at this point) What I had happening was the lower and catch lined up in such a way that the catch was hitting on the lower so it would not engage far enough to catch the bolt. I removed the catch, (I could see where it was hitting at that time, I found it by comparing how far it moved to a rifle that worked) filed off a bit of metal and it has worked ever since

Comment

Working...
            X