Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBluePup

Lower build issue.

So I picked up some LPK's to build some of the 9 or so lowers I have laying around.
    And the kits I have (Tactical superiority) seem to all have the same problem.

The hammer pin doesn't seem to want to make it all the way through.
    The little spring that is in the center of the hammer seems to stick out a little to far.
    I've never had a problem with them going all the way through before. But I beat pretty hard on it and it made a notch in the end of the pin.
    So I looked at the other kits and tried to get the pin to go through the hammer without even putting it in the gun and same issue with all 3...

Am I doing something obviously wrong or are these just sh!t parts kits?
  • Dogue
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

I've never heard of Tactical Superiority (and their site is worthless) but if the pins won't fit their own hammer I'd say it's certainly a bad kit and I'd try to send it back. You could also buy misc pins from somewhere else, like Brownells, but I'd be suspect of the rest of the parts may not meet 'spec'.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• Keep The Change
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Is it just the hammer pin that is the issue?
      Are you sure it's the pin and not the hammer?
      Maybe try all the hammers and confirm that it isn't just the hammer. If the pin won't fit in any of the hammers then the pin should be the problem.

Solution: Just go buy 9 Wilson Combat triggers. (LOL)

Sooooooo.....what are you going to do with all those guns you're building?
      I hope you're not a Verizon user, you might get a visit very shortly from our friends in the govt.
      Ooops, I'm pretty positive they are monitoring all gun forums......so we may all get visits.
      Sad days in America.

Comment

• BigBluePup

I tried a couple different hammers and they all look to be about the same, I'm about to make a phone call and see how this goes lol.
        Ya I'd love to snag a case of timmy triggers or something but that's a chunk of cheddar lol...

Most of the lowers are 80% and they'll just sit as complete lowers just in case...

Comment

• Drifter
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

That sucks. The hammer is probably the most expensive single part in a standard lpk, so buying a replacement for ~9 kits would be tough to swallow. Hope you get it resolved.
          Drifter

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I wonder if Hesse/Vulcan/Velocity has been reincarnated with yet another name?

Comment

• BigBluePup

Well, first call went to a voice mail... I'll try e-mail if I don't hear back from them by lunch...

VASCAR2, Are those junk LPK manufactures of the past?

Comment

• BigBluePup

Got a call back and I have to say I'm impressed, they are sending me 3 new hammers and some new pins also on UPS 3 day shipping.
                Said they spot checked a run of 7,000 and all 100 came back good. BUT there are 6,000 that are NOT!!!

After I got off the phone about 10 minutes later their armorer called me back and just wanted to double check the problems and make sure there was nothing else I needed.
                It's irritating getting something that doesn't work right the first time. But these guys are stepping up and making it right and I can't fault them for that!

Comment

• Keep The Change
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2013

Well that's good to hear that they are owning up to it and fixing it.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

After I posted that I looked at their web site. I guess I was a little hasty jumping to conclusions about them. This was the first I'd ever heard of this company. Good to hear about their customer service. Very few companies manufacture every compomnent and are at the mercy of their vendors. With the demand everyone is trying to ship as many products/parts as they can.

Comment

• BigBluePup

Don't be so hard on yourself lol... I was pretty pissed for a while too, but they have more then made up for it.
                      They even tossed in a trigger guard assembly because the one I got for my current build is coming from a stripped lower as well and the larger trigger guard I got from Brownells didn't come with it, they assume you're replacing one and don't send the new parts. So I'll get to take the pin, spring, and detent out of this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X