Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lead Chucker

Trigger pin broken

So I broke down a another AR to get ready to Cerakote it yesterday and when I started taking the trigger pins out I noticed the trigger pin was broke where the hammer spring lays over the pin. Never seen that before. It came out of a DPMS lower parts kit. The trigger is a JP Enterprise adjustable trigger. I have no idea what made it brake but its weird. It was in it for a couple years now.
  • Variable
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

That's not very common. Have you ever used that lower with a 9mm blowback upper? I could see it then, but otherwise I'd say it was a defective pin from the get go, or just a weird fluke. I dunno?
    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Lead Chucker

No, its on my blkout and always been there. I'll go with defective pin.

Comment

very strange but anything can fail ..

Comment

• Lead Chucker

Yeah anything can happen and fail. It did brake at the weakest point of it. The trigger hasn't been stressed in any way I know of. I have 4 other ARs I built and has thousands of rounds through them with nothing like that happening so live and learn.

Comment

It came out of a DPMS lower parts kit.
            Look at a DPMS parts kit, then a Daniel Defense, or a J&T LPK.

Night and day difference. Quality ones will have a certain fit, feel, and finish to them, including proof and testing marks. The hardness of the parts is often an indicator of quality, and the DPMS LPK's are the softest I have seen.

Comment

• Lead Chucker

I agree DPMS parts aren't the highest quality out there. And the triggers suck.

Comment

Working...
              X