X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heywood
    Warrior
    • Aug 2013

I had this same issue start to occur when I had a gas tube misaligned from the factory and it wore the mushroom end off one side of the tube so it didn't have a good seal. It would work with some factory rounds and not so much with others. If everything else is in spec. Replace the gas tube ($15.00) and make sure it is aligned properly.
    quis posuit in mea ocreis bologna!

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

Gotcha, thanks
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• chase
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2015

Had the same thing on a 762/39 ar . had the ramps polished and no more problems

Comment

• rabiddawg
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2013

Well, i thought i had it worked out but low and behold it did it again after working fine for at least 10 rounds between last weekend and today. I fired three shots out of 7 that were loaded in the brand new AA mag. On the 4th shot it malfunctioned. It seems to do it fairly regular when there are 3-4 rds left in a mag. When i hunt i usually only load 4.

Ive got all offseason to figure this out.

Mark Twain

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
            Warrior
            • Mar 2015

does this only happen on one side of the mag? IE rouns 1-3 fire ok, 4 jams, ram 5 going smooth but 6 jams. Sometimes there is a ramp issue where one side hits and causes a three point type jam. try noting which side of the mag the rifle is fed from when it jams.

Comment

• rabiddawg
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2013

I am going to change the extractor, ejector and their springs with replacements from precision firearms. I told mark to just ship the parts when he ships my rifle, but that was long ago and i am still waiting on the gun.

I want to say it happens when the round is feeding from the right side of the mag. Once i get the parts replaced i will definately start trying to track this problem down.

Mark Twain

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
                Warrior
                • Mar 2015

do you know anyone else with a 6.5? also just to verify you have tried other lowers? this is what i was told when i had a similar issue. so it could be a bad feed ramp.

"I've had ARs come in with just one of the ramps having an issue (too narrow, cut to deep, wrong angle, etc. ) and it would feed from the opposite side OK, and dent the shell only on the side with the buggered up feed ramp."

Comment

• Adam Lilja
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2013

I have been having this same problem with AA mags 10 rounders. If I have a full mag it will not feed off the left side after 4-5 shots. If I only have 5 rounds in it feeds them all. It dings my brass pretty bad from the bolt lug when it fails to feed.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2013

The ejector and extractor were replaced and i fired it this morning. It workex fine for the four rounds i fired but it still is tossing the casings at 1 oclock so i didnt shoot it again.

Mark Twain

Comment

• rabiddawg
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2013

I tried a different lower last Saturday to no avail.

I dropped it off at the gun shop again this afternoon. After showing the smith the pics and talking to him, he feels it is short stroking as some on here said. Hopefully he can find something that will solve the problem.

Mark Twain

Comment

• rabiddawg
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2013

Update. I ended up picking the gun up from the lgs because they never did what I asked them to do. They claimed they were waiting on me to bring them ammo.

Any way, I changed the gas block to a syrac adj. clamp on, inspected everything and put a new free float hand guard on it while I had the gas block off.

I fired at least 20 rounds thru it after I got the gas block set up. It ejected everything to 3 o'clock and ran perfect.

The pin on gas block did show signs of leakage and I think it was the culprit all along.

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X