• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huckleberry75
    Warrior
    • Jun 2018

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
    I exclusively use 70 gr NBTVs in my 6x45. 2960 out of a 24' with a mild charge of Benchmark. I originally worked up 70 gr Varmageddons and got around 3/4 MOA. I then subbed the 70 NBTVs in that load and can get consistent 5/8 and occasional 1/2. The NBTVs also hold accuracy better at range. But the good news is that you can do load development with the Varma's and then should be able to switch over when you need the accuracy. I thought the Varma's might give more velocity and a lower velocity sd with the flat base, but I don't recall it being the case. I also get really good accuracy out of the 55gr .224 NBTVs. Don't even think about using BTVs or Varmas on deer though - they make an absolute mess.
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up. Once again, sounds like you get what you pay for.

Comment

• bachekermooni
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by 454bore View Post
      The 6mm stem should work in the Forster seater.
      I like Forster seaters a lot and wanted to do the same. I called them prior to buying the 6.5 G and getting a 6 stem. I was told by their tech staff the width of the sleeve is different for the 6mm, so switching the stem will not work. So I got the 6mm PPC Seater.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X