X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drift
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about the 358 Gremlin. I believe the Gremlin was the first wildcat Grendel cartridge. 'Twas desinged to comply with some Midwest states ( Illinois ?) obscure huting laws. Something about meeting pistol specifications in a rifle. Load data on .357 bullets for plinking hornady 200gr for dear. I believe Ruger played around with it some in a Mini 14 configeration. Some guy was even making loaded ammo for it for a while.

Comment

• 1075 tech
      Warrior
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Drift View Post
      I'm pretty sure you guys are talking about the 358 Gremlin. I believe the Gremlin was the first wildcat Grendel cartridge. 'Twas desinged to comply with some Midwest states ( Illinois ?) obscure huting laws. Something about meeting pistol specifications in a rifle. Load data on .357 bullets for plinking hornady 200gr for dear. I believe Ruger played around with it some in a Mini 14 configeration. Some guy was even making loaded ammo for it for a while.
      These same guys also did what they called a 358 Herret AR. Made with 6.8SPC brass and 357 Herret dies. Their plan was for a 35 caliber class round using commonly available brass formed with the minimum forming steps and using commonly available bolts.

Comment

Working...
      X