• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

6mmar/243lbc pistol

Any member here ever do any back woods brush hunting with a 6mmar/243lbc pistol or barrel shorter then 16 inch's?

Thinking of doing up one but can't seem to find any data from a barrel that short.

Would be useing the 80 to 90 grain range copper or bonded type hunting bullets.

Anybody have any data?
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Well guess i will have to be the first.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Anybody shooting one of Mark's 6mm grendel barrels yet?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

No, but it's on the list. Probably next.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
          No, but it's on the list. Probably next.
          I heard from Mark today. Soon as I can finish up a few projects I will be ordering a super light weight 12 inch 6mm grendel barrel from him

Comment

• A5BLASTER
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2015

Going with a .625 gas block size so the profile is going to be super light weight.

Just what I want for a backpack/climbing stand short range gun.

Planning on useing the 90 grain gamechanger or 90 grain etip bullet.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

You're reading my mind. I'm looking for a 10 year old daughter's first hunting gun. Her brother is going to be a bit jealous, but his Howa is an amazing rifle too.

She is going to love this. She can really shoot her single shot 22 Remington, and man is she clever with it. She drew (fairly well too) a smiley face on the target at 45 yards last time out. I can't wait till she is doing it at 100. She's artsy-fartsy like her mom. (But this girl wants to shoot, unlike her mom.

My smile is growing.
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                You're reading my mind. I'm looking for a 10 year old daughter's first hunting gun. Her brother is going to be a bit jealous, but his Howa is an amazing rifle too.

She is going to love this. She can really shoot her single shot 22 Remington, and man is she clever with it. She drew (fairly well too) a smiley face on the target at 45 yards last time out. I can't wait till she is doing it at 100. She's artsy-fartsy like her mom. (But this girl wants to shoot, unlike her mom.

My smile is growing.
                Sounds like y'all raising her right lol.

Comment

• Yondering
                  Warrior
                  • May 2017

Comment

• StoneHendge
                    Chieftain
                    • May 2016

Have you done any 105 other than the BTHP with the 1:8 twist? The Berger calculator says BC would be slightly compromised with the RDF's and Berger Hybrids that stare at me from my bullet shelf. I could probably live with it except the alledged compromise supposedly changes with density altitude.
                    Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Yondering
                      Warrior
                      • May 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
                      Have you done any 105 other than the BTHP with the 1:8 twist? The Berger calculator says BC would be slightly compromised with the RDF's and Berger Hybrids that stare at me from my bullet shelf. I could probably live with it except the alledged compromise supposedly changes with density altitude.

Comment

Working...
                      X