X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Javman
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

So far I haven't had any issues that you mentioned other than having to load the 9 rounds also, but I'm running the GB 20"Monster barrel and it doesn't take much to kiss the lands. I'll be working on some loads for my RAP as I have quite a bit of room before getting close to the lands. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

• Lawrence97
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2020

Thanks for the update. Mine when loaded long in the pri magazine definitely want to ram/nose dive straight into the feedramp

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Lemonaid View Post
        I think the normal magazine that allows the the longest OAL is ASC. I routinely load to 2.290 in them.
        ASC used to mention this as a selling point on their website. It doesn't seem to be there any longer.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• HomeSlice
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2016

Comment

• Herzo
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2017

Out of curiosity, I ran the numbers for this bullet through Berger's stability calculator -- a value of 1.5 or greater is what they suggest as adequate stability. They give 1.44 for this bullet in a 1:8 and 1.89 for a 1:7 twist. It may be that your barrel doesn't like that bullet.

I found the sweet spot in my 28" - 1:7 barrel with the bullet touching the lands.
            Last edited by Herzo; 04-03-2020, 12:22 AM.

Comment

• Es 350
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2020

You wouldnt have a H2O capacity on the Hornady vs Lapua brass would you?

You probably saw my post (below this one at the moment) on 22Grendel IMP..... I started with Hornady brass and what i am still shooting just to get a feel for case life.
              I read of a guy that tested most Grendel/PPC brands of brass, his conclusions was Norma was the toughest.

I originally was going to get some Norma 22 PPC brass and have since done so , (after reading about the above test) while i have fireformed 10 pieces to compare capacity vs Hornady i have not really tested it as far as load development.

What i can say is it is MUCH more consitent case to case than Hornady and offers .8 gr more H2O capacity after 2 firingings on Norma.

Comment

Working...
              X