Clear All
  • Lawrence97
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2020

6mm Grendel Load Data needed

• Zeus
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Those websites are very reckless with their load data as far as I can tell. My 6mm AR can't even get close to the velocitys that they claim without running into very flat primers and ejector marks!

I have lot's of hand written data that would be tedious to post....You can use the loads that you've found online......just back them off a few grains! That's exactly what I did and the outcome was as expected.....Superb accuracy from an AR platform!
    Last edited by Zeus; 03-21-2020, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Lawrence97
      Unwashed
      • Mar 2020

Comment

• Lemonaid
        Warrior
        • Feb 2019

L97, there is data at the Hogdon web site for 107's in the 6PPC. The velocity data from your other thread matches pretty well. As it lists chamber pressure it should be of help getting started.

Comment

• Lawrence97
          Unwashed
          • Mar 2020

Comment

• LR1955
            Super Moderator
            • Mar 2011

That's probably because when the 6 PPC was a popular bench rest cartridge, the only bullets used were light ones. Barrels and chambers were cut and twisted for the lighter bullets.

May not produce real high velocities with the 107 but if you have a chamber cut for them and the barrel twisted fast enough, they will shoot and probably shoot real well. Just not real fast.

I would think with this cartridge that if you used 6 AR loads you would be fine.

LR55

Comment

• LtDan
              Warrior
              • Sep 2017

I too concur with the load data on the 6mmAR website is way too hot for my taste. I start with some 6 PPC max and work up from there. My bullet choice is 95 SMK

Comment

• SWFShooter
                Unwashed
                • Jun 2017

One of the issues with the 6mmAR website is at the time Lapua made Alexander Arms brass, now Hornady does, and there is a 0.5+ grains of water difference. Loads that might be okay in Lapua are hot in the smaller capacity Hornady. And Federal is even smaller capacity than Hornady.

Comment

• Herzo
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2017

I am having good success with RL-17 in longer barrels. It tends to give a later, lower peak pressure while producing higher velocities. 1/2 MOA is attainable with the 108 grain ELD loaded 0.020" off the lands while running 2600+ fps out of a 22" barrel. I am comfortable using 28.0 grains as a starting point in that a compressed load does not show signs of pressure in my rifles. I will be trying magazine length loads in the next few weeks.

Comment

• SDguy
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2015

The page you are looking for could not be located. We're sorry, but it appears the page you have requested is no longer available. Please check the URL and try again....

Comment

• SDguy
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2015

Bolt gun is substantially more & each gun may require a bit of adjustment. Reason they say start low & work up.

The page you are looking for could not be located. We're sorry, but it appears the page you have requested is no longer available. Please check the URL and try again....

Comment

• SDguy
                        Warrior
                        • Oct 2015

Yea case dimensions & throat are slightly different from the 6 ARC to the 6 Grendel

Comment

• SDguy
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2015

Barrel length & powder charge vary quite substantially in this Hornady data from the gas gun vs the bolt gun. Thus max velocity varys substantially.

Comment

• SDguy
                            Warrior
                            • Oct 2015

Hodgdon Has load data out now for 6ARC 24" barrel velocity's

Comment

Working...
                            X