Warrior
    • Apr 2017

6mmARC Article

Nice Read https://thinlinedefenseco.com/2021/0...-magic-bullet/
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Thanks for link!

Quote: "Overall thoughts? We really loved the results of the 6mm ARC and found it to be extremely accurate. This is everything the 224 valkyrie was not."
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
      Thanks for link!

Quote: "Overall thoughts? We really loved the results of the 6mm ARC and found it to be extremely accurate. This is everything the 224 valkyrie was not."
      But, but, but all the industry insiders and youtubers told us the 224 valk was the second coming of jesus lol

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
        But, but, but all the industry insiders and youtubers told us the 224 valk was the second coming of jesus lol
        Turned out to be the Great Deceiver.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

I've found that the easiest way to describe 6 ARC is: It's a lot like the 224 Valkyrie - except it works.
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

:: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• biodsl
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2011

I don't know too much about this stuff, but I wonder if it's the bullet. IIRC, the initial marketing was based on the 90 grain SMK. The Valkyrie's long range performance is dependent on a heavy, VLD design that, as I understand it, is very sensitive to seating depth. How do you get consistent accuracy from a host of factory barrels with such a bullet? Tuning the load to a specific barrel might produce different results.

Then look at the Hornady 6mm 105 grain BTHP. Pretty standard fare as bullet technology goes. A 'match' bullet with a tangent ogive. Anecdotally, the 6mm ARC groups I've seen from this load are generally better than those from the 108 ELDM load. Why? Same thing; target versus the VLD bullet.

This is all just musings from a guy who knows just enough to get himself into trouble. Am I right?

Edit: I also think there might have been issues around twist rate. Some barrels came with 7.5. Sierra calls for 1:7 if over 2700fps and 1:6.5 if under. I think the Valkyrie with the 90gr SMK was right on the ragged edge.
              Last edited by biodsl; 01-16-2021, 08:07 PM.
              Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• 454bore
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

It's great to finally seeing a factory 6mm grendel come out.
                I get better groups with my 6mmar than any other round in the AR platform.
                Half moa consistently with just about any load.
                With mr-2000 and h-4895 being my favorite powders.

Comment

Working...
                X