• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

My 6arc build

im joining the dark side ad doing a 20 inch 6arc build.
    as of right now i have all the parts either in hand or currently in transit to me except a barrel which as soon as bft gets his barrels up for sale im buying one
    parts list shakes out like this

ep armory polymer lower in black

strike industries fixed stock

km gen 2 billet upper pictures in the white to show it off better but i did get the anodized black one , i have there gen 1 upper on my 28 build and its a very nice piece

• mel
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2019

the upper will be mated to a 17inch km slim keymod handguard

as usual ill be using a atlas clone bipod on the front , titan mini brake / qd supressor adaptor and i will be building a 6mm specific 8 inch can for this build for quiet hunting
    for the grip ima do another timber creek aluminium grip in black this time

as far as optic on this build i may purchase a sightmark wraith nv scope or put an atn ltv 3-9x or 5-15x nv scope on it as i plan on this being a 1-500y varmint coyote gun ill save the long range stuff for my 6.5gren
    ill be doing an adjustable gasblock with a std carbine buffer setup to start , but may move to an h2 setup like i did with my 20 inch grendel have to wait and see once i get it all together and shooting
    also on the way from midway are some asc/ar stoner 15rd 6arc mags
    Last edited by mel; 02-21-2021, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• danm
      Warrior
      • Aug 2014

Nice build... I went 18" PROOF carbon on mine since that's what JSOC is apparently using in teams... Stupid light for what it's capable of. Still love my GRs of course...

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

You won't need an H2 with ARC. You'll understand after you shoot it .
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• danm
          Warrior
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
          You won't need an H2 with ARC. You'll understand after you shoot it .
          Agreed, straight carbine buffer here

Comment

• mel
            Chieftain
            • Nov 2019

i might need it with the supressor thats why i ended up using one in the 20 inch gren build but like i said gota get it together and see

Comment

• mel
              Chieftain
              • Nov 2019

hg and stock showed up today , with the billet upper and other small parts arriving saturday ill throw up some pics when i get out of work

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Diggin' that upper. These days, I only get "slick-sided" uppers with no forward assist. So, what company is "KM"?
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• mel
                  Chieftain
                  • Nov 2019

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                  Diggin' that upper. These days, I only get "slick-sided" uppers with no forward assist. So, what company is "KM"?
                  like i mentioned i have the gen 1 upper on my 28 inch gren i really likw it the gen 2 upper was 98$, undortunatly for me i missed when they blew out the gen 1's at 58$ each if id have caught it id have bought 3-4 of them

Comment

• mel
                    Chieftain
                    • Nov 2019

barrel will be here wensday still dont have any ammo but hoping to solve that tiny issue by wensday , if not i found some instock dies , need to check with lgs and see if they have any ammo , not many ppl shooting grendel or arc here so i usually get lucky on those

Comment

• SDguy
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2015

Word is a run of factory ammo should be distributed to distributers in the next few weeks.

Comment

• Azureoval
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2016

I picked up some Factory 108 eldm from my local big box for $27 last week , so it is out there.
                        I found the Dies at the same chain but in a different town while on Vacation.
                        I just bought a 20' Faxon Match barrel and will put it together next weekend.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mel View Post
                          barrel will be here wensday still dont have any ammo but hoping to solve that tiny issue by wensday , if not i found some instock dies , need to check with lgs and see if they have any ammo , not many ppl shooting grendel or arc here so i usually get lucky on those

Comment

• mel
                            Chieftain
                            • Nov 2019

i did, more then likley gabbing a grendel 12" from him this comming weekend as well to replace the 10.5

Comment

• mel
                              Chieftain
                              • Nov 2019

well crap midsouth had some arc dies and i missed out on them

Comment

Working...
                              X