• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tx264
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2018

.030 over arc

Have a group buy arc barrel.want to ream case length. 030 longer,leave the bullet where it's at.
    Talked to Ray at,Monson, said he could make a reamer that would do just the body and neck.
    Resizing new Grendel brass.
    No trimming
    No bumping shoulder back
    More case capacity
    70 to 95 gr bullets less jump to lands.
    Sound like a good idea?
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

sounds great. It's what the 6mmARC was should have been.

Guide to 6mm Grendel 6mmAR for AR15 match shooters. 6mmAR upper with 2750 fps Berger bullet and .566 Ballistic Coefficient. 6mmBR.com is the best guide for 6mm Benchrest precision shooting, complete with 6BR FAQ, Reloading Data, Shooter Message Boards. Match calendar and rifle competition accuracy training tips. Gear reviews (.243 bullets, 6mm Norma, gun barrels, powders, primers, gunstocks, dies), accurizing, tools, gunsmiths. Articles for reloading, marksmanship, gunsmithing, and varminting.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Sounds to me like you discovered the Rob Whitley 6mmAR.
      Pretty much what he describes in his article:
      6mmAR -- 6mm Solution for AR-15s (Grendel Brass) (6mmbr.com)
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Tx264
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2018

Many men much more knowledgeable than I have gone down this road and I greatly appreciate your input.
        Almost went that route 3 years a go.
        Reason I didn't
        Availability of dies,had to use grr bushing dies or high dollar whidden.
        Availability of manufacturer load data.whitleys were way hot, some guys were blowing up guns.ask sh.
        Availability of barrels.cra would take a year or more.xcaliber only had h bar or pencil.

Comment

Working...
        X