X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Old Bob
    Warrior
    • Oct 2019

Bolts with .441" bolt-faces for Remington 700 short actions are available from Pacific Tool & Gauge. No need to alter a .473" bolt-face. However, the magazine box is still something that needs to be worked out. I'm sure someone has figured it out. Perhaps someone will chime in. I've always thought the Remington Model 7 was more suited to 6.5 Grendel conversion... or 6mm ARC.
    I refuse to be victimized by notions of virtuous behavior.

Comment

• Kosh65
      Warrior
      • Jan 2021

Comment

• SDguy
        Warrior
        • Oct 2015

Originally posted by myrifle View Post
        I hit 3200 fps safely in my cz 527 bolt grendel with its 25.4 inch barrel and 85 grain maker trex all copper bullets.

If I was wanting a 6mm grendel variant. I would drop the cash for the new 6arc howa mini in the stalker version with its carbon stock and then add the oregansmithing hinged floor plate mag system and its 2.450 coal length mag.
        Great choice, excepting two considerations, from my perspective. 1st Howa has been very slow with the release. Second would be Id really prefer a longer barrel 22" to 24" would be nice.

Re-barreling a 7.62x39 or 6.5 Grendel may be a consideration. Brownells still offering barrels actions?
        Last edited by SDguy; 08-26-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X