• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Sig Kilo LRF

My buddy brought his Sig Kilo LRF to our DM Course this past weekend.

Bottom line up front: This is a high end name brand LRF killer for $500.

It will be my next LRF. Dudes are selling their Leica's and other high-end LRF's and just getting these.

It has continuous scan mode as well, unlike anything I've seen, is so user-friendly like what you think a LRF should be. It's tiny and lightweight-enough to fit in my frag grenade or compass/first aid pouches on my chest rig. Wish we had these back when we were lugging around the MELIOS.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • danm
    Warrior
    • Aug 2014

Wish this was around when I bought my Vortex.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Max range?

Comment

• ricsmall
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Second bwaites question. What is published max range and what ranges could you hit consistently?

Richard
        Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

I'm assuming since it's called the Kilo that it is rated to 1000 meters, but ratings and real world have not seemed to apply to rangefinders in my experience!

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
            Chieftain
            • May 2012

blurb from sig website is pretty impressive...

Extreme accuracy is what we were after when we engineered the KILO2000. 
 Updating at 4X per second in HyperScan mode, the KILO2000 rangefinder with patented LightWave™ DSP technology is amazingly fast as well. Couple that with the ability to range reflective targets at 3400 yards, trees at 1500 yards, and deer at 1200 yards for simple, intuitive long distance ranging. The built in inclinometer calculates AMR™ Angle Modified Range for angled shots. Our proprietary Lumatic OLED Display™, automatically adjusts display intensity to match ambient light conditions, bright in bright conditions and dim in twilight to protect your eye. The KILO2000’s simplified user interface displays your system status and while ranging, only provides your necessary data.
            Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• kb18no1
              Bloodstained
              • May 2015

Thanks....been looking for a rangefinder.... appreciate all your information on here.

Comment

• Klem
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Impressive, and the 5 year warranty is also a bonus.

Just been reading the specs from the user manual;
                Sig Sauer's gun & firearm optics feature AR optics, superior HD glass, and more. Explore our line of optics engineered for all types of shooters.

I use a pair of Leica laser-bino's when hunting and need the wide field of view and exit pupil, especially at dusk. I don't think I'll be swapping the bino's for this but it is a nice piece of kit for a different type of shooting none-the-less.

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Not in the market now but the one I am using now is over 4 years old so you never know

Comment

• PredatorDown
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2014

It'll be my next LRF as well. My buddy just got one, and we've been able to range Semi's at just over 3000. Have also ranged cattle at just over a mile, at 1803 if I remember correctly.

I've loved my Bushnell Elite 1-Mile, but Sig just set the new standard everyone else will be measured against.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by PredatorDown View Post
                      It'll be my next LRF as well. My buddy just got one, and we've been able to range Semi's at just over 3000. Have also ranged cattle at just over a mile, at 1803 if I remember correctly.

I've loved my Bushnell Elite 1-Mile, but Sig just set the new standard everyone else will be measured against.
                      Yup. It's the opposite of the other LRFs in that price range. You look at what they advertise, then expect it to be about 3/4 that at best on an IPSC sil. Not with this little bad boy.

You want to laze several thousand yards, and do continuous laze? No problem. Best of the little LRF's I've ever used, and beats a lot of the larger ones in user-friendliness hands down.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• rabiddawg
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2013

Hey guys, I just got a midwayusa flyer in the mail.

The sig kilo2000 will be $100 off and free shipping starting 10-1 thru 10-31. That puts it at $399.99.

I may have to pull the trigger on one
                        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• NugginFutz
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                          Hey guys, I just got a midwayusa flyer in the mail.

The sig kilo2000 will be $100 off and free shipping starting 10-1 thru 10-31. That puts it at $399.99.

I may have to pull the trigger on one
                          Curse you, MidwayUSA (and rabiddawg). Must... Add... to... CART!!!
                          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• rabiddawg
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2013

That's why I posted this.

Misery loves company
                            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Kilco
                              Chieftain
                              • Jan 2016

These are the real deal. These work more reliably than most $1k plus LRF.

Comment

Working...
                              X