• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hikfromstik
    Warrior
    • Oct 2016

Nikon monarch 5 4-20x50 bdc reticle

I just purchased a 1" tube Nikon monarch 5 4-20x50 bdc reticle (etched) . I noticed most on this site like the Vortex 6-24x50 . I looked close at it too. I compared and noticed the nikon looked clearer and with the 5x zoom its very similar magnification to the vortex. The nikon came with the etched bdc reticle that to my surprise was very thin lines . I would of rather had the nikoplex with XR turrets, but again the bdc is fine and I can use the hold over past 750 yards . Nikon sells custom turrets if I wanted to convert . I'm also very familiar with the Nikon spot on app and know that it works . 47 clicks @500 yds shooting Hornady 123gr Amax from 24" barrel dead nuts on then back to 0 (100yds ) , again dead nuts on . It comes with installed low profile (hunting) turrets and cap . Included in the box is tall target turret and cap and a mid tactical turret ( no caps ) , 4" sun shade attachment, front back lens covers ( cheap ), and large cleaning cloth. I wish Nikon put better lens covers in the box . Info on another forum states it has 67 moa of UP elevation (not sure since I have yet to fully elevate and count the clicks). A neat thing I noticed is with each full turn of the turret they put a line and number on the under lying metal to indicate how many turns it's made . It has the zero reset function also. I'm not a big fan of bdc reticle on 2nd focal plane scopes , so I doubt I will ever use them . Nikon makes great scopes for reasonable prices . If your looking at the Vortex , Leopold , Burris ,etc.... then put Nikon on the list too. Nikon makes a 8-30x50 for just under $1000 for those looking for big power optics.
Working...
X