X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diddlyv
    Warrior
    • Aug 2016

Plus one on the leupold Mod 1 AR. great glass and 13 OZ is easy to carry. Higher cost better glass the leupold patrol line. Says he that has a Vortex Viper 6.5 - 20 x 44 30 mm tube on his oden 20 inch DMR build and the Leupold mod 1 on a 16 inch barrier defense build. Vortex are great scopes but can be heavy.
    Queen of Battle
    Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

I started with a Leupold 4.5 x 14 40mm that I've been super happy with at 400-500 yards, or so. A bit more than $500. I don't know Vortex and a few others to be making an overall recommendation, but I can't be any happier with my Leupold for the money and application. I ended up getting a Nightforce 5.5 x 22 56 mm for more yardage and more $$$$, and I'm VERY happy I got that scope. Vordada was my strong second choice for the bigger stronger scope.

Though I don't have near the experience as others here, one thing I am 100% convinced of. Don't save a few $$$ on your scope and try to skimp by. I struggled paying $500 for the Leupold, and struggled even more paying 3x's that for the Nightforce. Are they the best 2 for the money? Not sure...but I can't be any happier with both choices. I'm near sighted, so when I can see 800-1,000 yards out with great clarity and brightness, that's breath taking to me, and the $$$$ tends to become less an issue.

And for the record, I am one big-assed cheapo!
      Last edited by TomSawyerNW; 01-10-2017, 04:51 PM. Reason: last statement...lol
      If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

Working...
      X