Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RangerRick

Wow! Those LaRue mounts are sure repeatable

I recently got a LaRue LT 158 cantilever scope mount for the Grendel. After I mounted it up and got everything torqued down, it worked great.

I took the LaRue mount and scope off to move my iron sights and re-zero them.

The LaRue mounts have a good reputation for repeatability, i.e. when you take the mount off and put it back on, it holds zero pretty well.

Well, I put it back on and figured that I'd find out if the reputation holds water when I checked the zero.

I had some 100 yard targets set up at 200 yards, so I dialed it in on the scope and took a shot to see how much I'd need to adjust the zero.

I looked through the spotting scope and busted out laughing, see the picture below.

No re-zero necessary! I couldn't do this before I took the mount off. Heck, I couldn't do this again in a million years. It has to be the shooting equivalent of a dumb luck hole-in-one.

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

RR
    Last edited by Guest; 11-11-2011, 09:04 PM. Reason: typo
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Best 200-yard, one-shot group I've ever seen!

Comment

• Longshot_34

it dont get much better.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

And there you have the reason that nothing BUT a Larue mount goes on any rifle I have to depend on!

I've taken mine off, UPS'd them all over the country, got it back, and it still held zero!

Comment

It's been 45 years, but I pulled a trick like that while in college, but with a Win Mod 70 featherweight 30-06 with a 4x Leupold in Weaver Pivot mounts.

Went to the range one day, they supplied targets, alwasy 50 yard pistol target for everything. I set one up a 100 yards, took one shot, looked through the scope, then looked through a spotting scope, put my rifle down and waited until range was called cold. I went down, picked up my target brought it back and started packing to leave.

Everyone was looking, I had centered the shot where the x crosses in the x ring.

I figured I had best quit for the day, things could only go downhill from there.

Comment

+ 1 for the LaRue !!

Comment

• Variable
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

HaHaHa! I missed your post the first time Rick. That is pretty funny and cool at the same time. Kinda like when I got a green sighter in my first 1k FCSA shoot. I cut my first hole and shot out the sighter disk tube with my second shot. Two witnesses signed my sighter disk and that was worth almost as much as winning the match would have been (I lost of course!LOL). My Windrunner is accurate, but I sure ain't that good.LOL!
              Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
              We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

No doubt about it, that is a cool target, frame it.
                Bob

Comment

wow, nice

Comment

Nice shot for sure!

On a serious note, I bought a LaRue OBR mount for my Grendel after watching my buddy swap his dayscope for NV rig time and time again this past season consistent return to zero...

Comment

Working...
                    X