• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nathan197
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2017

None grendel related mount question

I have a 6-24 vortex viper pst FFP sitting in a warne 20 moa mount. I am looking at a new bolt 6.5 creedmore and was looking at bases for it. If I happened to buy a 20 moa base and put a that warne 20 moa mount on it what would happen? Simple math says 40 moa but I think it would get more complex.
  • Jacko
    Unwashed
    • Mar 2018

You are correct (simple math)...you put a 20 MOA mount on a 20 MOA base you get 40 MOA built-in elevation.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

If your scope has 70 MOA of adjustment you have roughly half the adjustment to go up 35 MOA. Add 20MOA canted mount and you now have 55 MOA elevation adjustment. If you add another 20 MOA I don’t think you could lower your scope enough to get a 100 yard zero. A Friend had a custom 6.5-284 bolt action built and with a 20MOA mount he couldn’t zero at 100 yards and ended up being about 2” hight at 100. This was not a problem as he was probably going to use at least a 200 yard zero with his NF scope.

The height over bore on a bolt action is not as high as an AR-15. Bolt actions seem to run the center of the scope tube at 1.5”-1.75” over the bore for me. My AR-15’s are 2.5” with 1” scope tubes and 2.75” over the bore with 30 MM tube. If you try this post your results as I’m curious if this will work.

Comment

• nathan197
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2017

I figured I'd have to have a 200 yard zero if I used both, depending on which rifle I end up buying I will post results.

Comment

Working...
        X