• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grendelhunter16
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2017

24 round E-Lander vs 28 round CPD Magazine

So what is everyone's opinion on the best high capacity magazine. I ordered a few ASC mags (15rd and 25rd) when I first built my Grendel and was not impressed. I know that most people on here prefer e-lander, but I have heard that C-Products has redesigned there 28 round mag. In your experience how many rounds will each hold? I've heard that the CPD mag will actually only hold 26 rounds, but that the e-lander will hold 1 extra for 25 rounds in the mag. I'm leaning toward the higher capacity mags to keep them as close to 5.56 round counts as possible, but would be interested in any opinions on why the 17 rounder mags are better. Do you have any issues shooting prone with the high capacity mags? Sorry for the rambling post here just seems to be a lot of contradicting or unclear information regarding Grendel mags, and I appreciate your help.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

I have no experience with the CPD 28 round mags but I have several E-Lander, ASC and original C Products mags. I like the E-Landers the best but my other mags function. The E-Lander mag bodies are thicker than ASC so they weigh more. I have 24 round, 17 round and 10 round E-Lander mags. E-Lander mags have very stiff springs and I found it helps to load them to capacity and leave them loaded. I actually manually unloaded my new mags a couple times. They eventually wear in and are easier to load and unload after use. My E-Landers have been very reliable when new but tough to load and unload manually.

The most common problem with the current E-Lander mags are poor welds on the front seam of the mags. Some mags the welds have failed and on other mags the front of the mag is bowed near the seam limiting cartridge overall length. If you buy E-Lander or any 6.5 Grendel mags I suggest you buy from a reputable vendor with good CS in case you get a lemon.

Comment

• Hansel&Grendel
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2017

I have several of the CPD 28rd mags for both my 16" and 11.5" Grendels. Flawless performance. The 5.56 Maglula loader/unloader works really well with the CPD mags.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2013

My CPD 28 rd mag failed to work in both the Grendels I tried it in. I would not buy another.
        Kill a hog. Save the planet.
        My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• AustinTom
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2018

I had major problems with Elander mags and fine sand. The coating seems to bind up the follower. This happened right in the middle of a precision gas gun match. The ASC and c-products mags don't seem to have the same issue.

Comment

Working...
          X