• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Recondo
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

Help on new set up

Got my new grendel and topped it with a Midwest industry mount and Leopold VX-5 HD 2-10 CDS scope. I bore sighted it looking down the bore on target and and adjusting cross hairs. I got it center but it took 2 full turns up and won,t go any higher. Is this gonna be a problem when I get my CDS dail? Will it keep me from shooting long range? Sorry for all the newbie questions. Thanks in advance.
    Recondo
  • Recondo
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2018

ps when I had the gun built I had them lap the receiver.
    Recondo

Comment

• NugginFutz
      Chieftain
      • Aug 2013

By any chance is your mount a 20moa mount? If so, are you certain it’s on face the correct way.
      If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Recondo
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2018

No, straight up mount, QD with levers on right side.
        Recondo

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

If you took up all of the "up" direction that could be an issue, but you don't state what distance you used for the bore sighting.
          When I bore sight I'm usually doing 10-15" ft away (ie, inside my basement), and in cases like that you don't want to "zero" it... it ought to be ~2" low since the "bullet" only traveled 3-5 yds from the muzzle.
          More specifics on your bore sight procedure are in order.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• NugginFutz
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2013

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
            If you took up all of the "up" direction that could be an issue, but you don't state what distance you used for the bore sighting.
            When I bore sight I'm usually doing 10-15" ft away (ie, inside my basement), and in cases like that you don't want to "zero" it... it ought to be ~2" low since the "bullet" only traveled 3-5 yds from the muzzle.
            More specifics on your bore sight procedure are in order.
            +1

2.75" sight over bore at the muzzle.
            If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Recondo
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2018

Thanks for the info. I did realize once I went to bed that I might have it backwards. Checked today and sure enough, I’m out of “down” travel not “up”. So I’m thinking all we be good. Can’t believe I didn’t pay closer attention.
              Recondo

Comment

• grayfox
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2017

Those dinky little up n down arrows can be sneaky...
                "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                X