• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Leopold VX-6HD 2-12x42mm

Anyone have experience with one of these? I could live with the SFP since it actually makes sense - you're either going to be at 2x and use the illuminated cross hairs, or at 12x when you'd need to use the hashmarks. The manual they have for download (which is for the VX-6HD series) says it has a Parallax adjustment and shows how to adjust with markings under the left cap that go to 600 then infinity, but in the Q&A under the specific 2-12 model, a Leopold rep says it doesn't and has Parallax fixed at 150 yards. Seems like it would be a pretty big omission at the price point.
    Let's go Brandon!
  • StoneHendge
    Chieftain
    • May 2016

Well, I guess I'll let y'all know. Turns out Larry has clearance priced blems with the X-mas tree reticle. I snagged one - he has one left:

Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Arkhangel5
      Warrior
      • Apr 2016

SH,
      I have a little experience with this particular scope.

Thought it would be a great choice for AR-Tactical matches where the max power allowed is/was 12x. HD glass, bonus.

Scope came in, mounted on to match rifle. Zeroed at 300yds, tracked fine

Moved back to 600yds. Not impressed at all. Don't know if it was the particular scope received, but could not resolve scoring rings at 600yds. Two different shooters could not discern the scoring rings on the target. All we saw was a black circle.

I have shot with other HD glass scopes in higher power, so expectations were high. Really disappointed with that particular Leupold. Scope was returned.

Again could have gotten a dud, but at that price point, you expect it to work out of the box.

Just my experience.

SY

Comment

Working...
      X