Clear All
  • Bearcatrp
    Warrior
    • Apr 2018

Vortex Spitfire 3X scope

• Bearcatrp
    Warrior
    • Apr 2018

Guess no one uses a prism scope. Found another though but will make a new post.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2015

I don't use that optic but been researching red dots myself for the lil 16 inch grendel I'm building.

Just can't seem to find what I'm looking for as well.
      Last edited by A5BLASTER; 08-02-2018, 03:01 AM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
        Chieftain
        • May 2016

I've got one on a 16" 556 carbine. I dont know how the hash Mark's will line up with grendel, but there are tools to figure that out. I can get on a ram silhouette at 450 about 50% of the time with it with Norma TAC 223. I like it - its sturdy, no need to find eye relief, no eye adjustment and both eyes open is possible.
        Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• mdewitt71
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

I have the 1X Spitfire on a 12" SBR and really like it.
          My BIL has the 3X Spitfire on a 16" Larue build and likes it as well.

I also like the 3X ACSS from Primary arms on an AK... built pretty tuff and takes a beating.

Shop our catalog of Rifle Scopes. Find AK 47, AR 308, & AR 15 scopes from Primary Arms, Trijicon, Vortex & more. Available in BDC, MOA, MIL, ACSS & more.
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Drift
            Warrior
            • Nov 2014

Is eye relief an issue?

Comment

• SDW
              Warrior
              • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Bearcatrp View Post
              Looking to lighten up my 12 inch Grendel. Put my Burris RT6 on it for now while doing load development. Bit to heavy. Anyone use this vortex on their Grendel? Wish someone made a red dot with full crosshairs but don’t. This is as close to what I want. Appreciate any info you have.
              Closest thing to cross-hairs in a true red-dot type optic that I know if is Holosun's. They make a RDS with a reticle similar to Eotech's: 2moa dot with a circle and four hash marks around the circle.

And since you mentioned red-dot I assume you are okay with 1x. You might look up Primary Arm's new "Cyclops" 1x prism scope. It has a simplified ACSS reticle and an AMAZING field of view, from what I have seen. Not cheap. But pricey enough to tell you it's probably not junk: $240 these days.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

I finally settled on a reddot from at3 tactical.

Seems like a good sight so far haven't had much time to put many rounds on it but nice and strong not cheap feeling, good glass and dot is nice and clear, good sight picture and easy to sight in and has held sight in so far.

First hog hunt of the year coming up this weekend we will see how it holds up to a beating.

Comment

Working...
                X