• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Trijicon warranty/service/experiences

So, in the quest for the absolute perfect hunting optic, I'm considering a Trij. An Accupower 2-10x56.

For the price, I can't think of a reason not to, but I'm wondering about Trijicon's warranty and service. They aren't as open in writing about how they warranty their scopes, especially the LED versions down the road. Anyone have any direct experience with them, any reason not to pull the trigger when it's time?

Thanks.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

I can't speak to warranty, but I had the tritium replaced in a 15 year old reflex sight about 4 years ago. They made it easy and turn around was reasonable.
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• mdewitt71
      Warrior
      • Dec 2016

I know from the DOD side of the house Trij is ALOT easier to work with than Bushnell, Nikon, and Leupold.
      All three of them have drove me to never use them again on the Civilian side just from my dealings at the Corporate level with em.
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

I've dealt with Bushnell, Vortex, and Athlon on warranty concerns. None presented a painful or problematic experience. Each only required me to pay shipping to them, and repairs - or in Vortex's case, a new optic, were returned to me at their expense relatively quickly. I didn't have to give the cause, or the condition of any of the scopes, only that it wasn't performing as I'd like - or in the case of the Bushy that it needed cleaned and I wanted it checked over.

The warranty on the Trij site is stated as a "limited lifetime on registered optics". The others all indicate a more ironclad "we fix it regardless" guarantee. I'm not inclined to hold anything against Trij here, just that the other warranties seem less ambiguous. If I'm "buying once, crying once", then the more ironclad the written warranty has an obvious leg up, especially down the road, and even more so if I decide to sell and switch. Trij's reputation (especially in the military optical world) speaks to much more than what is written. This is what I'm trying to dig out.
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• babue
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

No scope but I run RMR's on my pistols and have for about 6 years. I had to send in one RMR for service. I am the second owner, it was never registered and I did not know how old it was. I just filled out their online form and sent it in. They fixed the problem and replace the lens. The lens had a small scratch when I got the sight and it did not bother me but they replaced it without being asked. The turn around time was about 2 weeks and they never asked any questions about ownership or age. I would have no problem buying any of their products and expecting to get good service.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

Excellent. This is the kind of anecdote I was hoping to get a hold of. Some more stories with the same experience and I'll bite hard and hold fast. Thanks bablue.

Comment

Working...
            X