Gentlhordes: I'm just going to drop this here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Gentlhordes: I'm just going to drop this here.

This is the best deal on this level of glass I've seen. Some of you may have already snooped it on other forums, which is what I did. If anyone has been looking for a smoking hot hunting rifle optic, this one's as good a hunting/LR purpose optic as you'll find. Reviewed very positively by shooters over the last two years, the LRHS series have been really highly regarded for their glass quality, almost universally said to have amazing quality in every way, even when reviewed at almost twice this price. Made in Japan at one of the best known high end manufacturers.

The last run of 250 he got in was gone quickly, this is round three if I am reading things right, not sure how many more he is going to get...

Do a little google fu and you'll find what I did.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Turret tactility at 2:55; Reticle and glass example at 4:57

If you can deall with the accent, (where is this guy from, New York >) the video is fairly objective and reasonable. This guy paid almost 1400 bucks for his 3-12, non-illuminated.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

get them while they last and please share and spread the word!!!"

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

It looks like it is still in preorder status. Are you buying one?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

I paid for a preorder. They haven’t received them yet, I will post when it comes in. I really wanted to stick with a 2-10 for my LaRue, thought it would be about the best range for a hunting Grendel. This is far too good a deal to pass on, and it will likely see double duty on my long range bolt, until I get my LR optic settled.

I’ve always wanted an ACOG so I recently found a smoking deal on a used 4x32. The reticle in it is fine, but it isn’t what I imagined it would be on my pistol. I’m going to sell it and send those funds over to my dedicated LR optic.

I thought I had made all my decisions for what optics I wanted, and this deal and the Acog ruined my plan. Indecisive behavior is one of my Achilles heels. Oh well, I don’t think I will get hurt too bad here.

Comment

• plt228
            Bloodstained
            • Feb 2016

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

So, belated update. When I got it, the arrow on the elevation turret was pointed a little over 2 full clicks left. The zero mark on the body was also off, making it off center, which just wasn't going to cut it. Additionally, the turret felt like it had broken glass in it, (scope was perfectly clear) and would bind up about every six mils. No turney, no straight = no happy... I sent it back to Bushnell after a call to their CS. To their credit, they emailed me a UPS label, which I hastily used to get it back to them. That was the last time I talked to or heard from BN.

Last week, a box showed up three times the size of the optic box. Low and behold, there was a 4.5-18 LRTSi in it. They sent me a different scope. Now, I guess the fact that I sent them a scope I paid $750 for, and then they sent me a scope that retails at the moment for around 1500 should make me happy. It really doesn't. I wish they'd have just fixed my scope and returned it to me, I loved the two mil illuminated circle in it. I wanted that reticle. There's nothing wrong with the G3, but I loved the HSI's reticle more.

Overall, I'm disappointed they didn't talk to me. No coms means no time to deal with you in my opinion. Shabby, crusty CS is what it makes it seem like on the receiving end. I'd have been happy to have waited for the repair to be done, and taken the scope later. I was never given that option.

Did they live up to their warranty? Absolutely, they sent the current production model since the LRHSi is no longer being made. I want the reticle back though.

Now, the quandry starts. I have several offers to trade my TSi for some HSi's that don't have the turret issue as an even trade. Or, I could sell the scope I have and buy one of the HSi from one of them, as the value of the TSi is probably higher on the "used market... Or, I could sell the LRTSi, my Leup mark 5, my new Leup vx5 1-5 #4, and get my Burris 1.5-6 sold and buy my ATACR 5-25x56 MIL-C... decisions decisions...

Comment

Working...
              X